BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
kyubiii
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m2c

1m Replica Front Bumper - Fender Liner Gap

Hello all, I am planning to add a replica 1m front bumper to change the look of the car a bit. For those who have done the 1m replica front bumper mod, what is the best way to not have a gap in the bottom of the replica bumper and the fender liner? I live in the north east and it's important to me that the fender liner is flush with the bumper. I'm not sure if a 1m bumper liner can be modified to fit?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

kyubiii, as far I know...I've never seen anyone really address this issue. 10/10 just run it with the gaps. I understand your concern though and it's valid. You're going to have to come up with a custom solution.

Maybe grab a couple spare liners from OfferUP -- something cheap from any car with plastic liners...and just try to make a piece that will fit.

I think with the bumper out, you can certainly achieve that with a little patience. If I had to do it > I would buy some cheap liners, a pack of push clips from Discount Auto-Parts, and a drill. Cut the piece to your liking with a blade.
      05-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

If you run 1M liners, you'll have to trim them a lot to get them to fit. You'll also run into an issue on the rear of the fender side. They're different shapes entirely from the non M fenders. Hard to explain but the 1M fenders are "shorter". They give you more wheel well space and thus will not match up with your oem fenders very well.

I believe everyone runs the 1M style bumpers with the 128/135 liners and I've yet to see any documented issues
Appreciate 0