BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

1m mirror causing driver window switch not to function

as the title states as soon as i plug in the 1m mirror the driver switch doesnt work as soon as i unplug it it works fine??? i thought it was plug and play.. I notice the 1m mirror has 5 pins compared to my oem that only has 3
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sounds like you got the wrong "kit". You should be asking the company/person who you bought your mirrors from what's the problem. But seeing how the connectors are different... I think you know.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Sounds like you got the wrong "kit". You should be asking the company/person who you bought your mirrors from what's the problem. But seeing how the connectors are different... I think you know.
My car originally has the non dip mirrors that do not dim or fold and i bought 1m mirrors that dont dip or dont fold either i can not see how they can be the wrong ones as theres only 2 types that i am aware of plus the mirror assembly has 5 pins and the cars harness has the extra holes to support them with wires coming out the back. but my oem mirrors have 3 pins only...

I had an extra window switch i tried on drivers side same issue... when i plug the mirror in window switch no longer works but if i do it with remote it works all it basically does is deactivate the driver side window switch..

so base mirrors for base 1m mirrors im scared but i almsot feel like removing those extra 2 pins might make it work but its not a risk i am willing to take
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Since your car has three pin wire/plugs and your mirror kit has FIVE pin plugs... don't you think you got the WRONG kit ? I do.

Dack
Appreciate 3
      07-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Since your car has three pin wire/plugs and your mirror kit has FIVE pin plugs... don't you think you got the WRONG kit ? I do.

Dack
but how so? like i said there are only 2 style of 1m mirrors and i sure as hell dont have the second style because mine are the basic non auto dip mirrors and i bought the exact same 1m ones i sure as hell am not getting the auto dip and auto fold mirrors as those dont come with my car.. And like i said the harness connector coming from the car that plugs into the mirror has all 6 holes and 6 wires appearing so that it would work for my car and lets for a second entertain the idea that i got the wrong mirrors then why when its plugged in its interfering with my driver side switch making the whole switch inoperable... im pretty stumpedd looks like manual mirror adjustment for me

ECSTuning. any insight i purchased them from you guys
Appreciate 0