E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Disturbing 335i info (from inside source)

12-20-2005, 11:26 PM   #199
LIKEWATER
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett
Not quite sure what your argument is... for or against Turbocharging the 335.

Quincidentally, Formula1 cars use to be turbocharged, but the speed and acceleration they produced exceeded the coarses they raced on and upset the sport, dynamics of fuel and other things were in choas. Noramlly Aspirated engines where brought back and the liters brought up.

Also Formula1 cars are based on ACCELERATION and flies in the face of stop and go car driving while having to fuel up your car and goto work..etc.

High RPM's is costly technology for what you gain. You'll have increase headroom for potentially more Horsepower... that perhaps you'll never use, unless you rev past 6,000rpm's or beyond. You have to wind the engine out to make use of the added cost of manufacuturing a blueprinted engine (forged components..etc) Trimmed down for production offcoarse

-VS-

Forced Induction (Turbocharging) Which gives more torque, more fuel efficiency and more driveability and more use of the implied technology. Meaning 90% of the people make more use of torque than HP, specially when torque comes at 1,000rpm's - 4,000rpm's.

Thus, as a business decision and weighing in all the options... unless your drag racing or have an engine specifiaclly design to have exponential acceleration such as Formaula1 engines... RPM doesn nothing but suite as a test bed for how strong an engine is and test it's reliability.

Turbo for the win...!

I don't want a 335ci that revs to 9,000rpms, thank you veru much.

-Garrett

(PS: Torque is not used to start motion, it is used to accelerate motion.... horepower allows you to maintain what motion you've gained. Although, if you look strickly at the powerband of certain engines a free reving lower toque engines such as those v10 in Formula1 can create crazy acceleration. But those are Million Dollar engines design to rev to 1000 - 19,000 instantly with the help of some very volitale fuel. nutshell.)

Garrett - "Not quite sure what your argument is... for or against Turbocharging the 335."

So why do you reply ?
However, be sure of this. I am not arguing, what I write is my opinion just like anyone else here.

Here's a link to help you understand what I have written.
http://www.riff.org

Garrett - "Quincidentally, Formula1 cars use to be turbocharged, blah blah blah....."
LIKEWATER - "Formula 1 cars are non turbo"
Hey look at that, we're saying the same thing.

Garrett - "Also Formula1 cars are based on ACCELERATION and flies in the face of stop and go car driving while having to fuel up your car and goto work..etc."

WTF ???? crazy talk

The rest was dribble and all over the place, no need for me to reply.
Thank You VERY Much

(P.S. to you..... Torque: A turning or twisting force.
The moment of a force; the measure of a force's tendency to produce torsion and rotation about an axis,
equal to the vector product of the radius vector from the axis of rotation to the point of application of the
force and the force vector............dictionary.com

Hmmmmmmmm.... "A turning or twisting force".
I wonder if that includes a crankshaft that leads to a gearbox which leads to a differential connected to two tires that are used to "start motion" in your car. Maybe your car works differently ? Maybe you have a flux capacitor or a beryllium sphere. OH OH OH.... maybe you got two gerbils on a treadmill.
I'm playing with you dawg.
Also.........horsepower accelerates motion,(crankshaft) not torque.)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 12:17 AM   #200
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKEWATER
Garrett -

(P.S. to you..... Torque: A turning or twisting force......dictionary.com

.......understanding torque verses horsepower? Horsepower is when your foot gets caught in the stirrup and you're dragged for a mile. Torque is when you push down your own erection and your feet fly out from beneath you.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 07:14 AM   #201
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Garrett - "Not quite sure what your argument is... for or against Turbocharging the 335."

So why do you reply ?
However, be sure of this. I am not arguing, what I write is my opinion just like anyone else here.

Here's a link to help you understand what I have written.
http://www.riff.org

Garrett - "Quincidentally, Formula1 cars use to be turbocharged, blah blah blah....."
LIKEWATER - "Formula 1 cars are non turbo"
Hey look at that, we're saying the same thing.

Garrett - "Also Formula1 cars are based on ACCELERATION and flies in the face of stop and go car driving while having to fuel up your car and goto work..etc."

WTF ???? crazy talk

The rest was dribble and all over the place, no need for me to reply.
Thank You VERY Much

(P.S. to you..... Torque: A turning or twisting force.
The moment of a force; the measure of a force's tendency to produce torsion and rotation about an axis,
equal to the vector product of the radius vector from the axis of rotation to the point of application of the
force and the force vector............dictionary.com

I wonder if that includes a crankshaft that leads to a gearbox which leads to a differential connected to two tires that are used to "start motion" in your car. Maybe your car works differently ? Maybe you have a flux capacitor or a beryllium sphere. OH OH OH.... maybe you got two gerbils on a treadmill.

I was clarifying my point about High-Revving engines and presenting YOU with my point. Since your yammering left us uncertain as to your exact point or stance on the subject.

All this stuff about high-revving motorcycles and formula1 cars, but you never equated it or make your point how it ties into the 335 debate.

I did pick up on your favoring high-rev engines... but I also dubunked how usless it is for a 3 series. And those types of engines only apply to specific driving needs, such as two-stroke motocycle racing or light piston v10 previously used in Formula1.

Make light of anything I have said, and feel free to use as many smilies as you would like, but your retort never touched on the subject matter... only attempted to poke at me.

Your debating skills are lacking.

BTW, your nice plagerized snipped thats defines Torque was nice.... anyone can cut and paste. But if you had a working knowledge of, or the fundemental understanding of how or what torque actually does you'd be embarresed right now. Yes, torque is needed to start motion, but is also needed to continue and accelerate that motion. Or kinda like torque accelerates the horsepower curve.

Either way, one day you'll stop quoting the dictionary and finally understand what torque is.

-Garrett

(PS: So tell us, how cool would your 330 be if you had to wind it out to 9,000rpm to get all of your 350ponies -vs- bearly having to touch 4,500 with a turbo.

Mind you, you'll have a huge added cost involved in having forged cranks and other stronger components to handle such stresses assoiciated with high-reving engines you so advocat ? The Mazda RX uses a wankle design. Should BMW junk their inline-6's and seek uber revs as you have suggested, or does your previoust retort (below quote) still stand as your childish asnwere to the question..? )

Quote:
WTF ???? crazy talk .
Because that was your response last time... and we call can see that it was overly childish and certainly not adding to the overall discussion and learning process of the much anticipated new engine.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #202
LIKEWATER
Private
Rep

Whos is us ?
You got people in your head ?
Or are you trying to drag someone in to side with you ?
Go back to the beginning and READ - ing.i.f.

Plagerized........... Did you not see the words dictionary.com behind the definition ?

Garrett - "PS: Torque is not used to start motion"
Garrett - "Yes, torque is needed to start motion"

Which do you believe, make up your mind.

Once again, more dribble and all over the place, no need for me to reply.

I'm done with you.........Be gone !
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #203
LIKEWATER
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_325Ci
.......understanding torque verses horsepower? Torque is when you push down your own erection and your feet fly out from beneath you.
Yes it is !
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #204
colonelburke
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e60 550i

In response to doc, I would like to see the alcantera option as well, but maybe not on the sterring wheel, as someone else said there have been some problems. How ablout the alcantera upholstery with the thick M steering wheel that has the tri-color stitching? I wonder if we could get the alcantera in color, like Imola? :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 12:44 PM   #205
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Torque and Horsepower compliment each other, each cannot exist without the other, Just like current and voltage. Each has distinct properties, touque sinks your eyeballs in your sockets and HP is a measure of how quickly you can use that torque to get to the next light. Just as with electricty voltage characterizes its self for use in your spark plugs where High voltage and very small current is needed, and in your seat warmers where high current and not high voltage is needed to keep our butts warm.

Incidentally cumbustion engiines (in large part ) really suck at delivering large amounts of torque at very low rmps. Electric Motors do, and that is why BMW is using Capacitors for large doses of torque in their "Hybrids". (Anyone ever ride the Subway)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #206
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

you mean like the dark and light side of the FORCE
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #207
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I agree, no alcantara steering wheel. I would like to see the current M-sport pack shadow blue + alcatara, dark gray headliner, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 05:37 AM   #208
Tine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Now I have more correct news:

The E92 Coupe was shown in Munich along with the production version Z4 Coupe on Dec 20.

It was an exclusive BMW pre-Christmas gathering for business partners, BMW representitives and some media editotrs. The PR (including general info, pics, and stills from movies of both E92 and Z4 coupe) sent days ago was for the invited and was sent for the Dec 20 - the mistake in the PR was about 325i, because there would be 328i instead. So - no 325i, but 328i.

The journalist friend and PR guy of BMW representative were right about PR being sent for Dec 20, but misleading about being for general public. It was not!

All the other info were correct.

E92 will be revealed to general public via press release in mid January. The PR date is set and it's final.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 08:34 AM   #209
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

so tine-- what is the US getting, a 3.0l turbo? have they decided..?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #210
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

hmmm, so the 328i will be global? What engine will this have?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #211
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
hmmm, so the 328i will be global? What engine will this have?
Oh boy..Can't wait to hear what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #212
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

I think Munich is the perhaps the most wonderful city in the world, on a par with San Francisco, Montreal, Prague, etc. What a party that must have been! Too bad none of us were invited, or at least are not talking about it... We have to wait until mid-Jan to pop our corks. A much more rational release date, should catch our attention amidst the post-holiday blahs. Maybe even a super-bowl spot, eh? Have the Stones drive into the stadium, pull a few Nascar style donuts on the turf in the new E92 335i. I will quit medicine if BMW will hire me on as a marketing consultant.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 01:41 PM   #213
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tine
Now I have more correct news:

The E92 Coupe was shown in Munich along with the production version Z4 Coupe on Dec 20.

It was an exclusive BMW pre-Christmas gathering for business partners, BMW representitives and some media editotrs. The PR (including general info, pics, and stills from movies of both E92 and Z4 coupe) sent days ago was for the invited and was sent for the Dec 20 - the mistake in the PR was about 325i, because there would be 328i instead. So - no 325i, but 328i.

The journalist friend and PR guy of BMW representative were right about PR being sent for Dec 20, but misleading about being for general public. It was not!

All the other info were correct.

E92 will be revealed to general public via press release in mid January. The PR date is set and it's final.

With all due respect... Tine... even though I don't entirely buy this "new" story or cover up or whatever... I do want to point out that parts of it are supporting what I have been saying.

328 will replace the 325.
Mid Jan. makes a lot more sense and coincides with some of my sources.

Regardless of the interesting tale you weave... having been wrong on several occasions now... your sources appear to be seriously shaky and unreliable.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #214
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!
With all due respect... Tine... even though I don't entirely buy this "new" story or cover up or whatever... I do want to point out that parts of it are supporting what I have been saying.

Regardless of the interesting tale you weave... having been wrong on several occasions now... your sources appear to be seriously shaky and unreliable.

blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think we should just wait until the car actually gets here... then start talking.

Edit: ALSO, I can't even think of any info you've passed on speedfreak! which is bad, since there's a possiblity that you could be right on the money, but since all you do is bitch til kingdom come about how you're right and everyone else is wrong, I have no recolection of any meaningful info that you may have passed on.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #215
deadfresh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
there's a possiblity that you could be right on the money, but since all you do is bitch til kingdom come about how you're right and everyone else is wrong, I have no recolection of any meaningful info that you may have passed on.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #216
Tine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!

Yes, my sources are appearing to be flip-flopping all the time. But maybe there is a reason for that.

Being too obviuos makes you suspicious.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #217
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I've had to remove some posts from this thread because of personal attacks. Please adhere to the community posting rules.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3735

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #218
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I've had to remove some posts from this thread because of personal attacks. Please adhere to the community posting rules.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3735

Thanks.

Damn... I can't believe I missed it.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 07:53 PM   #219
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Whos is us ?
You got people in your head ?
Or are you trying to drag someone in to side with you ?
Go back to the beginning and READ - ing.i.f.

Plagerized........... Did you not see the words dictionary.com behind the definition ?

Garrett - "PS: Torque is not used to start motion"
Garrett - "Yes, torque is needed to start motion"

Which do you believe, make up your mind.

Once again, more dribble and all over the place, no need for me to reply.

I'm done with you.........Be gone !

Nice tactic, remove your debate completly from your arguement and center your rebuttle around an out-of-context quote of mine...lol

I can see you no longer wish to debate the topic at hand and have rusulted to sulf indulged, flippant responses. It's ok, most recognize that as a defense mechnism. Regardless, you defined torque (dictionary.com)...but you have not indicated you understood that definition. This is apperhently so because of you insistant attacks against my character and not my layman's explanation of the subject matter.

Both my quotes are correct, BTW. Because you pulled them out of context is does indeed seem like they are in conflict with each other... nice tact, but it failed !

As you already stated: This is your understanding of torque.

Quote:

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 06:22 AM   #220
LIKEWATER
Private
Rep

Damn.............. who farted ?
Appreciate 0