BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Just Apex It
Euro Haus Founder
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 330Ci ZHP

Heated Seats Retrofit

My car originally came with powered memory non-heated Seats and I have since swapped in a set of manual heated seats. From the reading I have done, it seems I should already have the wiring for this in place. Is that correct? Secondly, I know I will need to code the VO for it work properly. What exactly needs to be changed? I know for a fact ISTA is seeing the powered seats missing, so that needs to be coded to reflect the manual seats. Thirdly, the heated switch panel was changed in 2011. My car is 2011, but the seats are out of a 2008. I could grab the switch panel from my friends 2008 (who I got the seats from) and put it in my car. Would that be the correct thing to do or should I get the 2011+ HVAC unit that has the heated seats buttons? Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers!
Appreciate 0