BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

No 1er, but I went to Nurburgring!!

Hey everyone,

My wife and I just got back from our eurotrip honeymoon. One of our stops was to go to Nurburg and drive on the Nordschleife! I have so many words and so many emotions, that I could write an essay. I'll only say the following:
-I wish I shipped my 128i over to drive on it!
-The Alfa was very capable (Huge shoutout to N-Rent)
-I am already looking forward to when I can go back

I thought I would share a few pictures and the video from my 4th lap. I wanted to get my 5th and 6th lap but in my excitement I thought I hit the record button on the GoPro but I just hit the menu button instead

We stopped in Adenau for a quick bite and I spotted this RHD 1M and this marks the first time I have seen a 1M up close and personal. All those with the 1M, may you continue to enjoy it, because it is truly a 1 of a kind.

Red interior of Alfa 156 was so Italian it hurt

Iconic picture for me and a dream come true since I first found out about the Nurburgring from Gran Turismo 4.

Here is lap 4!

6 laps later, beat tired but all smiles.

If you can make an opportunity to go, then definitely make some moves to get there. There are so many track rental companies available, but I wanted N-Rent since they had an E46 330ci 6MT available along with the Alfa. And I thought the E46 would be the closest thing to my 1er since I wasn't able to find any 1er coupes. Buuuuut, the reason I drove the Alfa is because the BMW looked like this when I got there.

N-Rent had my 2nd choice because the Alfa was such a cool car that we don't have here, and Lorenzo at N-Rent is an old-school Italian who gave us a great pre-race briefing that made us comfortable with the whole experience.

Regardless of not driving a BMW, I had the time of my life and the Nordschleife exceeded all my expectations and I left with amazing memories!
bobowar1353479.00
Suprgnat2312.50
gjm1202181.50
Fakemike368.50
      09-02-2019, 01:55 AM   #2
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Very cool! Thanks again for sharing that positive experience!
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

Looks like you had an awesome day you lucky bugger. I especially liked the satisfied grin you had as you exited the carousel. You can tick that one off your bucket list.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #4
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Hey Gray_Panther , looked like you had a blast! Thanks for posting your video, twas like I was there too! This is def on my list of places to drive. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobowar135 View Post
Looks like you had an awesome day you lucky bugger. I especially liked the satisfied grin you had as you exited the carousel. You can tick that one off your bucket list.
Thank you and good eye! The carousel fun factor is definitely not over rated! I have an extremely short bucket list, and the Nordschleife was at the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
Hey Gray_Panther , looked like you had a blast! Thanks for posting your video, twas like I was there too! This is def on my list of places to drive. Thanks again.
It would have been more of a blast twere more 1addicts like yourself all together! Apart from having your duties all in order, I would highly recommend making an effort to go on the Nordschleife. A couple plane tickets, cheap rental car to get there, stay at a great airbnb like I did in the village of Brucktal, race car rental and money for food....All in all should be $2500-3000 and you get to explore Germany besides staying in Nurburg area!! Is it something average Joe's like us can afford every year, no because there is a lot more to see in this world, but just once to experience the Nordschleife is well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush1 View Post
Very cool! Thanks again for sharing that positive experience!
Thank you!