E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Got a little problem here. Got any idea?

11-24-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Got a little problem here. Got any idea?

Love my ride! Noticed for the first time yesterday when I was cranking the wheel into a parking space, when I went to straighten the wheel, I heard and felt a knock from the steering shaft. I can recreate the sound in park by turning the wheel quickly left and right. Shouldn't make that noise; right? It's going in on the 29th for the software update, and at that time I will tell them about it, but I'm curious if anyone has an idea what the problem might be.
      11-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
upandown
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 325 Pre/Spt

not normal

check the knock w/dealer
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
mishenka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

I've heard that knock. I started to feel that knocking when turning the wheel when car had about 5k miles on it. Went to the dealer to change tires and also wanted to show them that knocking (ticking), but few days before I went to the dealer I readjusted the position of the steering wheel. After that I still sometimes feel that ticking sound when turning the wheel but much, much less. Basically I could not even replicate that when mechanic was riding with me that time. It happens really infrequently now. Try to change a bit the position of your steering column and see if it goes away.
Please keep us posted.
mike