BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-23-2017, 05:36 AM   #1
SIN-CAL
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 E82 135i N54

Garage List
2009 135I  [0.00]
Upgrades installed and could not be happier.

Firstly much thanks to JD75 ( Justin ) for his support with parts and knowledge. You Sydney guys are blessed down there to have guys like that.

Before this batch of upgrades the car was :
2009 AT 135,
ER Comp Intercooler, ER Charge Pipe, Forge Diverters and Quaife LSD.

I decided to tackle DYI and do:

VSRF v2 Downpipes,
VTT Silicon Recirc Inlets
AFE GT Momentum CAI ( Great CAI )
Walnut Blast
Plugs, coils and oil.

Due to work commitments I completed the above over a two week period and I have been back on the road since last weekend.

WOW! The difference is amazing and it is hard to say which components did their bit the most (My car is over 110K and badly needed the walnut blast)

I haven't got it to the track yet to give it a good run but it already keeps me concentrating on not excessively speeding as it is all too easy now.

Looking forward to doing a Fuel It PI upgrade soon... but even on the stock turbos it is a totally different beast.

I totally recommend the inlet upgrade and it is much easier to do both downpipes and inlets at the same time. The VTT inlets I got, fitted great and are in no danger of slipping off.

Biggest hint I could pass along with our RHD setups is reconnecting the rear O2 sensor on the long pipe (last in / first off) is much easier achieved by unclipping the wiring from the head and extending the cable down so you can bolt it in on the ground before fitting the downpipe to the turbo (V-Band). You just have to make sure you carefully navigate the steering shaft and make sure you re-clip the O2 sensor wiring once you have it inplace. By doing this, it makes for a lot less BMW Kung Fu in no space.

I was thinking about publishing a book of suggested "stroke like" positions to practice before doing it on jack stands in the garage... If one would practice such contortions with carefully planned venting breaks, where I found swearing a bit helps with your "Chi", I think it would make the journey much easier..

I have much more new found love for this car.
Appreciate 3