BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
mkaresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Lexus GS 400

1-Series configurator, price/features comparisons (U.S. prices)

I just added the 1-Series to my site's pricing database. Aside from providing a really easy configurator, this also enables detailed price and feature comparisons with other cars.

Car price comparisons

Once people have run some comparisons I'll generate static pages for the six most common ones.

I don't have a complete features list, only what's in the "ordering guide." So if someone spots an omission, please let me know, as I'd like to be as accurate as possible.

Five definite questions:
1. Specs for the uplevel audio system (number of speakers, watts, surround sound?)
2. Air-conditioned storage compartment?
3. No air vents for the rear seat on the rear face of the center console, right?
4. Standard manual seat height adjustments: just one or separate front and rear?
5. Standard rear seat pass-through (with ski sack optional)?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
flanagan
Fits in the Rear Seats
Rep
Drives:

Speak of the Devil...
I just referenced you a couple weeks in a comment on Autoblog regarding 1-series pricing (link) and here you are on 1addicts! :w00t:
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
nice link!
but i am sure the haters still want the offical config... but this is pretty accuarte! at 32k...and 36 otd with tax and tag
      11-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
I just added the 1-Series to my site's pricing database. Aside from providing a really easy configurator, this also enables detailed price and feature comparisons with other cars.

Car price comparisons

Once people have run some comparisons I'll generate static pages for the six most common ones.

I don't have a complete features list, only what's in the "ordering guide." So if someone spots an omission, please let me know, as I'd like to be as accurate as possible.

Five definite questions:
1. Specs for the uplevel audio system (number of speakers, watts, surround sound?)
2. Air-conditioned storage compartment?
3. No air vents for the rear seat on the rear face of the center console, right?
4. Standard manual seat height adjustments: just one or separate front and rear?
5. Standard rear seat pass-through (with ski sack optional)?

Thanks.
I also had similar Q's for my dealer... he said:
1) no clue abotu sounds system but not worth the $ for upgrade on the usb option is
2) no vents in storage
3) no vents in the rear it is a true coupe he said
4)yes
5)yes the rear pass thru is stock
      11-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

We actually know quite a bit about the audio system. Stock is 6 speakers. Upgrade is 10 speakers including 2 subs under the seats. Best guess is that it's identical to the audio upgrade in the X3, which gets middling reviews.

I'm actually not sure who these systems are supposed to appeal to. People who listen to NPR all day will be fine with the 6 speaker system. People who care about sound quality will probably want to upgrade using some aftermarket components. I guess if you were leasing the car it might make sense...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
trinity000
Rep
Drives:

To me the upgraded audio option is worthless.. for almost the same price just wait till BSW gets their hands on one. The rainbow systems they sell sound really good and for virtually the same price. Not to mention they are good for people that lease, they have the stock connectors already on them, so it really is a plug and play system.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
mkaresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I sat in one at the Detroit show, and the pass-through is definitely not standard unless I really missed something. Because I looked for it.

I don't know what to think of number of standard speakers, because I've definitely seen the number as ten elsewhere. I'd do more research now, but my "high-speed DSL" is VERY SLOW with some sites currently, including bmwusa.com.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
mkaresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Now I'm concerned that I'm losing my mind...

Got through to bmwusa. Saw this in the list of standard features:
Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with 10 speakers, Radio Data System (RDS), Auto-Store and 3-channel FM diversity antenna
Also saw this:
Rear seat with fold-down center armrest and storage bin
I sat in a 135i coupe at the Detroit show. I looked for an armrest, but the rear seat appears to be a one-piece unit, with no cutlines for an armrest, pass-through, anything of that sort.

So...either I somehow could not find an armrest, BMW brought a Euro-spec car to the show, or the info on the BMW site is incorrect.

Which is it?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
mkaresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No responses?

My best guess is that I sat in a Euro-spec car.
Appreciate 0