BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-26-2021, 01:43 PM   #1
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

N54 Oil cooler retrofit on 128i MSport - what trim is needed?

As the title suggests, I am in the process of getting this done and wanted to make it OEM finish basically. There seem to be vague info about what additional trim is needed to get the cooler radiator to fit on the MSport bumper.

So basically I got the whole system from a junker: from OFH down to the in/outlet lines and the rad itself. The rad has the trim p/n 51748043626 attached to it already and I’m assuming this will just snap into the Msport number or am I required to get another piece to get air to flow into it? I really don’t want to hack the trim if possible or remove foglights as this will just cause a light to come on.

I know I also have to get the inner wheel liner p/n 51747194460 to protect the rad but I’m assuming this can be remedied by a screen or something like that.

I have looked into realOEM but for the life of me, since these parts are all separate sections my brain can’t seem to put them together.

TLDR: have MSport 128i, want to install N54 oil cooling system and want to make sure I got all wheel well and bumper trim parts on hand before I do. Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 09:56 PM   #2
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

I did this with the bmw perf bumper so it is probably different than yours. for mine, i had to get a bracket that goes between the frame rail and the bumper. this is needed to hold the rad in place and our cars don't have it. it's kind of a pain to install too. besides that, i had to get the cool air kit for my bumper, which was the duct to send air from the bumper to the rad. i don't know if they work for the m sport bumper however… with the bmw perf bumper the fog lights are already deleted.
Appreciate 0