BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
dixon1763
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Question Trunk Measurements with Seats Folded Down???

Does anyone have any specific measurements for the width of the opening between the trunk and the cabin with the seats folded down?

I'm picking up my 135i via European Delivery on April 16 (Black/Coral Red/High Gloss) and will be taking a bicycle with me. The problem isn't getting the bike into the car -- I can fold down the seats and take the wheels off the bike -- it's that I have to transport the bike to Germany in a hard case to protect it from under-zealous baggage handlers. The case measures 31 inches (78.75 cm) across, so I'm wondering whether it will fit in the trunk/cabin of a 135 with the seats folded down. It does fit into my '98 M3 with the seats down.

If anyone knows these measurements, or if someone could with a 135i could quickly take them, it would be of GREAT assistance to me. I've asked my dealer, who says that specific measurement isn't published. I could wait until we have a 135i here on the lot, but am trying to make travel plans now, and this measurement will definitely affect my travel plans. Of course, I will take the measurement in inches or cm (but preferably not lightyears :wink

Many thanks to anybody who can help!
Appreciate 0