BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Trim coming off, dealer wants to replace window.

So I got my car about 2 months ago. And I noticed when I got home with the car for the first time, that the shadowline trim is slowly peeling off.

The peeling begins right where the door meets the quarter window, begins at the front of the quarter window.

I showed this to my dealer and they were very sorry about it, so I told them can they just put a new peice of trim on.

The main shop manager said they would have to replace the entire quarter window. WTF? this is just a peice of trim 2 feet long...

I don't care, but the window has tint and I dont want to have to go back to the tint shop and get it tinted again, just one window.

What should I do... Tell them to supply me with trim and I'll do it myself?

They even said windows come as an assembly, and trim doesnt come seperately. Are you serious? That's the dumbest thing Ive heard.
      03-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

I would let them do it right. Ask them to pay for the tint. They just might pay if you're persistant and make a deal about it. Even if they dont it would cost a minimal amount and maybe a 1/2 hour of time. Thats what I would do anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Its leased and i dont think leased cars are allowed to be tinted. so they probably wont pay for it... lame.
      03-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Its leased and i dont think leased cars are allowed to be tinted. so they probably wont pay for it... lame.
Didnt have that info, but it doesnt really matter anyway. Let them do it and get the tint done yourself. Got a price to have mine tinted all around of $200 from a really good tinter in my area. (NY prices) How much can one window cost to do $25-30?. You wasting your time and effort has to be worth more than that. Get a loaner for the day, have them fix anything else that needs attention, burn their gas and maybe get your car washed by them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

There was another thread on here where somenoe was having the same problem with the trim, and having the whole window replaced along with it. It seems like the trim is fastened to the window crank assembly and it all has to be replaced as a unit.
Appreciate 0