BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
sparky1_2007
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Limp mode question

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Is it normal for the transmission to also downshift into 3rd/4th gear?

reason im asking is because ive been dealing with a few CEL's on my car, P0335 - crankshaft position sensor and P1727 - no dtc definition found.

oddly enough it throws both an engine and transmission malfunction SES light when it happens.

last week it happened right as i came into work (30 miles 1 way), then went away on my drive home and was fine all weekend for the relatively short drives i did (15 miles+)

then this morning it went back to doing the same thing.

unfortunately my BT scan tool has not come in yet so i cannot pull the actual codes, but the OBD2 scanner ive got gave me the P codes listed above.

i've got a new crankshaft position sensor coming in and im hoping that will take care of this, but the no DTC definition error code bothers me since it sends the transmission into a limp mode as well.
Appreciate 0