BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
bmwisme
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i conv. Sport Pkg.

1M style replica bumper for 08 135i

Hey... anyone have experience with either the Turner Motorsports or ECS Tuning replica 1M front bumper cover (for 08' or equiv 135i)? Direct bolt on? Fitment (I hear fender liner/bumper gaps on some solutions)?

They both sell one with airducts (no fogs) and headlight washers. I plan to have installed by a body shop and they won't be happy if it has to be jury-rigged to fit properly (and for me if they add $$$).

2008 135i E88

Thanks...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqHpv9y-6O-xXEmD3SYdGHtfaWc

Last edited by bmwisme; 06-17-2019 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwisme View Post
Hey... anyone have experience with either the Turner Motorsports or ECS Tuning replica 1M front bumper cover (for 08' or equiv 135i)? Direct bolt on? Fitment (I hear fender liner/bumper gaps on some solutions)?

They both sell one with airducts (no fogs) and headlight washers. I plan to have installed by a body shop and they won't be happy if it has to be jury-rigged to fit properly (and for me if they add $$$).

2008 135i E88

Thanks...

As far as I know, no one has been able to find a number that doesn't have a liner to bumper gap. Just the shape of the bumper it's going to happen. As far as duct versions, double check to see if they have picture of the bumper itself and compare it to the other options. The bumpers meant for fogs are more accurately shaped and proportioned than the "duct" versions I've seen. Many have simple trimmed the fog light versions and used OEM ducts for a much closer to OEM look.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
bmwisme
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i conv. Sport Pkg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
As far as I know, no one has been able to find a number that doesn't have a liner to bumper gap. Just the shape of the bumper it's going to happen. As far as duct versions, double check to see if they have picture of the bumper itself and compare it to the other options. The bumpers meant for fogs are more accurately shaped and proportioned than the "duct" versions I've seen. Many have simple trimmed the fog light versions and used OEM ducts for a much closer to OEM look.
Thanks for the input... I know I won't be happy with a fender/bumper gap. I'll keep looking...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #4
twinturbovan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i M Sport Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwisme View Post

2008 135i E88

Thanks...

Hey there!
This is my first post as a comment. Saw this and wanted to share. I purchased Europlug 1M Replica Bumper to fit OEM fenders. I did have the fog light vents but I purchased OEM 1M ducts and cut all the brackets for the fog lights. I don't know about fitment of the ECS one but Europlug fits 100% perfectly. Here are some pics of my car:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
MrKevinRosales
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

I believe Chaddilac2000 has the one from ECS. He's got a build thread in the photos section of the forum if you want to check it out.

2011 E82 N55 135i
///M Sport • 6MT • Crimson Red/Black Boston Leather
BMW PPK• BMW PE • BMW Aero Kit • Blacklines • Arc 8's • VRSF Charge Pipe • B12 Pro-kit
Appreciate 0