BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
jaf89f
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Feeler/WTB - Stock Sports Suspension

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I was just curious if anyone had the full stock sport suspension laying around and also what the price would be for the set (springs and shocks and I think there is a front sway bar as well). Either way, let me know if you have a set and how much you are willing to sell it for. I currently have a non-sport 128i. Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf89f View Post
I was just curious if anyone had the full stock sport suspension laying around and also what the price would be for the set (springs and shocks and I think there is a front sway bar as well). Either way, let me know if you have a set and how much you are willing to sell it for. I currently have a non-sport 128i. Thanks.
In case you didn't know, the springs are specific to your car depending on options. BMW designed multiple (3-4) sets of springs to be fitted into the 1-series and it can be determined by the VIN. As another member posted, if you buy 135i springs, since the car is slightly heavier than a 128i, your car may not lower at all, and apparently for this other member the car was actually sitting slightly higher in the front due to the stiffer spring coefficient.

That being said, you may want to order the sport springs from a dealer or from someone who has an equally optioned 128i but with sport suspension. The shocks/struts and sway bar are the same as the ones on the 135i, which I happen to have a set sitting around since I upgraded to the performance suspension. I can work with you if you'd like.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0