E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > The unofficial official Mid-Atlantic DIY get together

02-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

The unofficial official Mid-Atlantic DIY get together

Kind of a spur of the moment get together over at Clem's (Adam) house in Howard County.

I was selling off my parts, installing them and helping with other stuff.

We had 4 335's in total in the garage at one time....200k in 335's just hanging out.

1st order of business was Clem changing his oil.....piece of cake on this car and really a 1 man job. I had fun doing nothing while he was doing this.

Adams car is on the lift and Lilfingers (Neils) car is on the left....we installed my "old" UR intake on his car.

You can see several places around the garage where Adam has been practicing his launches...lol. No wonder he cut a 1.8x 60 ft on street tires last year!!

Checkin out Neils car

Pseto arrives (Paul) w/ his e92

hanging out

gettin a closer look

Installed baby!!

Neil putting in the last screw....had to feel like he helped at least a bit on his car

Last edited by Sniz; 02-22-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Adam's garage is so friggin sweet Looks like I was a week early with the unofficial official Mid-Atlantic DIY get together How did Paul's M-Tech rear come out? Anxious to see installed pics!
      02-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Souljah arrived w his e92 which was getting my Britalman exhaust.....the money shots of the whole group

Will's car goes up on the lift

all 4 cars again

Adams car from behind

and now the trouble began!!!

Will's downpipe bolts were seriously rusted, Adam and I tried everything but we ended up snapping off 2 of the bolts which are permanent and pressed into the downpipe.

damnit!

The exhaust is off!!

I didnt get any really good pictures of Adam giving those belts hell, but I'll tell you after a full hour of drilling, cutting, sawing, and hammering he finally got them out and drilled the holes clean......what a PITA

time to put the new one on

Hopefully some of the other guys can post up pics of Wills face as sparks were flying from the underside of his car.

now on to Paul's ride.....Mtech rear bumper time

off w/ the old

transfering the the mounting points for the PDC onto the Mtech bumper....glue failed at 1st then Adam used some double sided tape. Success.

is that MJ?

Its on...looking nice too.

Had a great time, drank a few beers, hung out with friends, worked on cars and I got my 335 fix since I havent had one to tinker with in 3 months!!!!

I need a new BMW......time for some fun once I get one.

and many thanks to Adam's ridiculous garage, his help and everyone else for haning out, helping and having a good time.

and the star of the night was this ridiculous Keronsene jet heater that kept us all from freezing..

02-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
Adam's garage is so friggin sweet Looks like I was a week early with the unofficial official Mid-Atlantic DIY get together How did Paul's M-Tech rear come out? Anxious to see installed pics!
ha...we still had fun mutilating your car last week! I didnt get any pics of the carnage...did u?

We were telling all the guys about your face as melted chunks of plastic were coming down out of your car.

oh yeah, do you recognize that red powertool in Adam's hand again?? I'm sure you have nightmare of the Fein (sp? Adam?) tool that cut about 5 pounds of plastic out of your front end.
      02-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
Clem
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/FR ESS VT2

Great job, Matt. I almost feel like I was there! That lens really gets all the action in and makes the garage look monsterous. I need to borrow that thing to take some pics of my........uh, nevermind.

I had a blast, guys. Except for those evil downpipe studs. They refused to give in and I took an ass woopin'. I went to bed hungry and woke up sore. Next time we need more food.

Yes, the orange device is the almighty Fein Multimaster. A must for anyone looking to butcher a fine automobile. This stuff is fun. Who's next?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
ha...we still had fun mutilating your car last week! I didnt get any pics of the carnage...did u?

We were telling all the guys about your face as melted chunks of plastic were coming down out of your car.

oh yeah, do you recognize that red powertool in Adam's hand again?? I'm sure you have nightmare of the Fein (sp? Adam?) tool that cut about 5 pounds of plastic out of your front end.
I'm sure my face was pale as can be I recognize everything - from the humongous heater that I stood right in front of for a good half hour to the red power tool that defaced the inside of my front bumper (how could I forget?). I REALLY need to get myself an M-Tech rear like Paul just got and that it looks like Will already has. Then I'll be next, to answer Adam's question
      02-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure my face was pale as can be I recognize everything - from the humongous heater that I stood right in front of for a good half hour to the red power tool that defaced the inside of my front bumper (how could I forget?). I REALLY need to get myself an M-Tech rear like Paul just got and that it looks like Will already has. Then I'll be next, to answer Adam's question
Will's car came from Germany, he bought it there. It has the full Mtech kit that lucky SOB. his car is nicely modded too.

AFE intake
Beyern Mesh and My old CSL's
JB3
Britalman
full mtech

its a nice ride

yeah man, get that bumper!
      02-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
Great job, Matt. I almost feel like I was there! That lens really gets all the action in and makes the garage look monsterous. I need to borrow that thing to take some pics of my........uh, nevermind.

I had a blast, guys. Except for the evil downpipe studs. The refused to give in and I took an ass woopin'. I went to bed hungry and woke up sore. Next time we need more food.

Yes, the orange device is the almighty Fein Multimaster. A must for anyone looking to butcher a fine automobile. This stuff is fun. Who's next?
same here man, Paul and I ran to Double T diner afterwards and arrived at 12:03 per my phone, they stopped serving food at 12...oh well.

Fein = god of tools
      02-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Clem
Major
Rep

Quote:
same here man, Paul and I ran to Double T diner afterwards and arrived at 12:03 per my phone, they stopped serving food at 12...oh well.
I would have rummaged through their dumpster at that point. I was ready to eat my arm.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
Highflyr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E90

Nice! I would have stopped by had I know something was going on. Sure would have beat playin PS3 and taking some new pics of my 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyr View Post
Nice! I would have stopped by had I know something was going on. Sure would have beat playin PS3 and taking some new pics of my 335i
lets see the pics! It wasnt really a scheduled thing, just kind of worked out that everyone was available at the same time.

next time.
      02-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Quote:
I didnt get any really good pictures of Adam giving those belts hell, but I'll tell you after a full hour of drilling, cutting, sawing, and hammering he finally got them out and drilled the holes clean......what a PITA
What was a bigger PITA...drilling the holes in Will's exhaust or dealing with my coolant leak and the "plastic delete mod" associated with it?
      02-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
Highflyr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E90

Quote:
lets see the pics! It wasnt really a scheduled thing, just kind of worked out that everyone was available at the same time.

next time.
pics are in my Noob thread here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233628
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
LilFingers
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Garage List
2012 335is  [0.00]
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Hopefully some of the other guys can post up pics of Wills face as sparks were flying from the underside of his car.
Like this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #15
Clem
Major
Rep

Quote:
What was a bigger PITA...drilling the holes in Will's exhaust or dealing with my coolant leak and the "plastic delete mod" associated with it?
The bolts by a mile. With your car we were just trying not to hack it up too much. Those bolts would not budge. Even after I smoked through 5 drill bits trying to bore them out. Straight from hell.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Looks like fun guys! That's the 3rd 335, the Britalman exhaust has been in! Glad to see it's continued use in the community.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

good times yesterday, and i thought i'd only be over there for 2 hours

Adam - thats a helluva garage. now i gotta got get me an exhaust so you and Matt can hack up my car

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
bimdaddy
Major
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera & G01 X3

Give us a hollar next time you guys do something.
      02-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #19
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Sweet garage, i have one of those kerosene/diesel heater thing...although they smell like crap when they fire up, it heats up the room like no other...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #20
Clem
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Sweet garage, i have one of those kerosene/diesel heater thing...although they smell like crap when they fire up, it heats up the room like no other...
Thanks! The garage is equipped with a propane fired, radiant heat slab floor. Unfortunately the cost to run that is obscene.

Actually the heater doesn't really smell bad at all and it will run you out of there. I have only run clear 1-K kerosene which is $2.99/gal at the local Freestate. I hear that diesel has a bit more aroma.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #21
E93SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
good times yesterday, and i thought i'd only be over there for 2 hours

Adam - thats a helluva garage. now i gotta got get me an exhaust so you and Matt can hack up my car
Hi Adam, I am local to the group and I know Paul very well. I have been doing research and very much interested in getting the performance exhaust for my 328 E93. Would you able to help me out, is this something you can do at your garage? BTW, your garage is sick man!! I am just doing my prelimary research.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #22
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93SC View Post
Hi Adam, I am local to the group and I know Paul very well. I have been doing research and very much interested in getting the performance exhaust for my 328 E93. Would you able to help me out, is this something you can do at your garage? BTW, your garage is sick man!! I am just doing my prelimary research.
not sure what Will's plans for his OEM exhaust is, but its still sitting in Clem's man cave as far as i know. i doubt it'll fit a 328 though; maybe someone else can chime in.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0