BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Low Beam Malfunction

hey friends!

just replaced my right cornering light with an H3 bulb and everything seems to be good until i was driving tonight and noticed that my right low beam started to flicker!

then, instead of the normal light temperature, it started to look super pink/light purple ish.

maybe 5 minutes later of driving, the light completely died and then to no surprise, my iDrive told me that my right low beam is malfunctioning.

i turned off my car to go get some groceries and when restarting my car, the light worked again! but it went through the exact same cycle as noted above.

i guess this means that my low beam bulb is on its way out. i couldn't seem to find any DIY's to replace the low beam bulb.

can someone help advise me on what i need to do to fix this or does this have to be done by my dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

update on this:

brought my car into the dealer and they replaced my low beam (xenon bulb with ignitor???).

cost was around CAD$350-400. i was expecting the bulb to be like $20, LOL!
Appreciate 0