BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKevinRosales View Post
Aww dang I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I kinda feel bad for picking up the ones you found now...
Don't worry about it. I have no remorse and I'm glad you got them.

I look at it in the way that if it's meant to be, I will find a set...and if not, then I have plenty of other things I can be doing with the car!
      04-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #24
Gambeez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
I like the BMW performance stuff, worth the wait IMO. But definitely no duraflex

Is this Nardo Grey or just Space Grey in lighting that makes it almost look like Nardo?

Either way, goddamn that's a good looking 1er. Considered wrapping mine in Nardo in the future, kind of thought it wouldn't fit the body style. But this is making me rethink that.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #25
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambeez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
I like the BMW performance stuff, worth the wait IMO. But definitely no duraflex

[IMG]https://www.1addicts.com/forums/atta...8;d=1550695056[/IMG]
Is this Nardo Grey or just Space Grey in lighting that makes it almost look like Nardo?

Either way, goddamn that's a good looking 1er. Considered wrapping mine in Nardo in the future, kind of thought it wouldn't fit the body style. But this is making me rethink that.
Looks like space gray to me. It takes on a deeper hue in certain light. In full sun it's lighter vs shadow darker.
Attached Images

04-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #26
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Looks like space gray to me. It takes on a deeper hue in certain light. In full sun it's lighter vs shadow darker.
Your 1er looks great, Josh!

Car takes on a little bit of a green shade in the pic with the lawn. Or maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. lol
      04-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #27
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Your 1er looks great, Josh!

Car takes on a little bit of a green shade in the pic with the lawn. Or maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. lol
I think it's a reflection from the green grass. That's my point tho it's like it absorbs the surroundings in a way.
      04-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #28
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think it's a reflection from the green grass. That's my point tho it's like it absorbs the surroundings in a way.
So, like a chameleon...

Last edited by Esteban; 04-29-2019 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #29
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
I need some too. Now I have to figure out how to get there before Rmtt...j/k. Thanks for the research and updates if you find something. I plan to redo my front bumper and some other paint work, so I may as well do side skirts, but I'll only do it if I can find the performance type.
Well let's make a deal. I will keep an eye out and if I come across an extra pair while on my hunt, I will direct you to it like I did with the other guy.

Just do the same for me!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
I need some too. Now I have to figure out how to get there before Rmtt...j/k. Thanks for the research and updates if you find something. I plan to redo my front bumper and some other paint work, so I may as well do side skirts, but I'll only do it if I can find the performance type.
Well let's make a deal. I will keep an eye out and if I come across an extra pair while on my hunt, I will direct you to it like I did with the other guy.

Just do the same for me!!!
found em idk if they're still available though it shows em as limited quantity

https://w w w.turnermotorsport.com/p-1887-genuine-bmw-e82-1-series-performance-side-skirts-for-128i-135i/
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #30
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Have you tried this company?

https://www.vividracing.com/rieger-s...150716088.html
      06-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #31
MN.BIMMER
No Cop No Stop
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Quote:
I chatted with Chris via the live help, and he confirmed that these are available, but are made to order and have a lead time of 2-4 weeks. I believe these are shipped from overseas, so if someone places an order by tomorrow, they'll be able to get put on the next container and be stateside by the 28th or so. Shipping to 55405 would be an additional $120 for me. He also made me an offer to take half of the cost now, then the other half once the product is ready to ship. Might be the best option for us!
      06-13-2019, 02:04 PM   #32
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I tried the other company (Msport UK) that you posted about in the for sale section. They had the Rieger pieces, but I asked what was the chance they could score me some OEM tii skirts.

It took some work, but I may have just got the last set that will be seen in a long time! They arrived about 20 minutes ago in all their glory complete with all the hardware.

I hadn't mentioned anything about it as I didn't want to "jinx" myself.

Thanks man!
Appreciate 1
Esteban42239.50
      06-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
MN.BIMMER
No Cop No Stop
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Quote:
I tried the other company (Msport UK) that you posted about in the for sale section. They had the Rieger pieces, but I asked what was the chance they could score me some OEM tii skirts.

It took some work, but I may have just got the last set that will be seen in a long time! They arrived about 20 minutes ago in all their glory complete with all the hardware.

I hadn't mentioned anything about it as I didn't want to "jinx" myself.

Thanks man!
Any difference in quality between the Reiger and OEM part?
      06-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #34
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN.BIMMER View Post
No difference in quality that I'm aware of. Material of Construction is slightly different, but at least it isn't Duraflex.

The only other difference I can see is the Reiger piece has that different "slot" looking section behind the opening at the back where the Tii piece is flat.

Both look great in my opinion. I just wanted something OEM if I could have gotten it as it's supposed to be a direct bolt on with all the hardware, and wasn't advertised as needing to be "fitted" before installing them.

Plus the OEM skirts I got was a little cheaper as well. But if I hadn't scored them, I was definitely going with Reiger.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #35
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No difference in quality that I'm aware of. Material of Construction is slightly different, but at least it isn't Duraflex.

The only other difference I can see is the Reiger piece has that different "slot" looking section behind the opening at the back where the Tii piece is flat.

Both look great in my opinion. I just wanted something OEM if I could have gotten it as it's supposed to be a direct bolt on with all the hardware, and wasn't advertised as needing to be "fitted" before installing them.

Plus the OEM skirts I got was a little cheaper as well. But if I hadn't scored them, I was definitely going with Reiger.
Quote:
Quote:

what's wrong with Duraflex if you don't mind me asking

also are the OEM ones from Turner still avail or is that a NLA part that they haven't updated?
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #36
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Hey Rmtt did you ever try HPF, the link I sent you via DM? I didn't want to post the link in case they were the last ones, I know you were looking HARD for them so didn't want anyone else to snatch 'em from you if they did have anything available:

https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-...0aAopyEALw_wcB
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #37
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Hey Rmtt did you ever try HPF, the link I sent you via DM? I didn't want to post the link in case they were the last ones, I know you were looking HARD for them so didn't want anyone else to snatch 'em from you if they did have anything available:

https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-...0aAopyEALw_wcB
Yeah....I tried them via email and they were out. They had to look, but got back to me and said they didn't have a set.

I do have a set now. They showed up today. I was afraid to open the box figuring they would be wrong like twice before from various vendors, but they were correct OEM pieces. So I'm very happy and appreciate all of you guys with your tips!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #38
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
what's wrong with Duraflex if you don't mind me asking

also are the OEM ones from Turner still avail or is that a NLA part that they haven't updated?
Turner is out...NLA. I wish everyone would update their sites. Most have no clue and I got used to asking them to put their hands on them only to be told they didn't have them.

From what I have read Duraflex is very prone to cracking, and most people who order in this material even have issues with damage during shipping.

That is why I try to look at PPE material of construction. Supposed to be the same material as OEM, and they hold up very well.

About 95% of most duraflex parts have bad reviews whether it be quality or fitment. Reiger isn't made from that material, so definitely would have been my go to if the ones I got didn't come through. Slight design difference, but still look really nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 06:06 AM   #39
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is the only difference I seen that I was trying to describe earlier. It's purely cosmetic. Either one looks great in my opinion. In fact, the Reiger ones pretty much eliminate the " bloated belly" look that the 128i has going on at the bottom. The BMW skirts reduce the look, but it's still slightly there.

BMW Tii on top
Reiger on bottom
Attached Images

06-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #40
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is the only difference I seen that I was trying to describe earlier. It's purely cosmetic. Either one looks great in my opinion. In fact, the Reiger ones pretty much eliminate the " bloated belly" look that the 128i has going on at the bottom. The BMW skirts reduce the look, but it's still slightly there.

BMW Tii on top
Reiger on bottom
I like the BMW Performance side skirts better, but the Reiger looks nice as well.
      01-03-2020, 04:29 PM   #41
MrKevinRosales
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

I came across this earlier... https://www.copart.com/lot/56445379

2011 E82 N55 135i
///M Sport • 6MT • Crimson Red/Black Boston Leather
BMW PPK• BMW PE • BMW Aero Kit • Blacklines • Arc 8's • VRSF Charge Pipe • B12 Pro-kit
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 05:04 AM   #42
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKevinRosales View Post
I came across this earlier... https://www.copart.com/lot/56445379
Looks like it sold pretty quickly. That would have been a nice one for someone looking for seats, side skirts, rear bumper for a 128i.
      01-21-2020, 10:55 PM   #43
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I found a pair on eBay and I hope it's not too good to be true, OEM new

I shall find out when the seller responds. I asked for more pictures

Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #44
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
I found a pair on eBay and I hope it's not too good to be true, OEM new

I shall find out when the seller responds. I asked for more pictures
As I mentioned in the other thread...make sure he has both sides.

One guy I found awhile back had a similar ad, but it was only the passenger side. He had just copied and pasted the info into his ad without looking at the specifics his ad stated!