BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #23
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvtecEM View Post
WOW thats CRAZY, I almost orderd my 335i coupe at $42k- 43k, before I heard of the 135i, I dont think so besides SHELLY is overpriced and seems to be full of it..........
I'm not sure what you mean? I will say Shelly told me they were definitely going to mark up the M3. F*ck them. They just lost any possible sale to me. They can piss off. As far as the 135i, I believe I'd make cash bets on the price if there weren't so many members on this board to pay off if I lose...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
As a 335i owner I can tell you that I know already what its (135i) going to be like,
You can? How?

I think you're making a very dangerous assumption.

Can you tell me how the 5er will ride based on the 7er?

The 3er based on the 5er?

That's just silly, unless you're not very discerning, which I doubt.

I made assumptions about the E92, which I was going to buy, when I got rid of my ZHP. It was a BIG mistake. The E92 drives much differently than previous BMWs.

The 1er might too (in fact, if it's much like the E92, I certainly won't be buying one!). Considering the wheel base difference, it's pretty unlikely that the cars will have similar personalities...

Quote:
and there are a lot of me's out there. We already know how the motor, trans and suspension feel, so can pretty accurately gauge what the 135i will feel and drive like.
That silly, to the point of absurdity.

Quote:
But the 335i is a hell of a ride
For a GT, yes.

Quote:
nicer looking than the 1 series and a list of other things.
You've seen a 1er in person? Where'd you see it?

Quote:
Possibly I might be a rare case of being ABLE to afford an M3, but see the value of a cheap, fast, well built car like the 1 series, and not WANTING to afford the M3.
You assume far too much (including that the 1er will be cheap). There are a lot of people here who won't be making their decision based on cost, they just don't drop hints about their personal financial status...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #25
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
As a 335i owner I can tell you that I know already what its (135i) going to be like, and there are a lot of me's out there. We already know how the motor, trans and suspension feel, so can pretty accurately gauge what the 135i will feel and drive like. The trade off is a few hundred a month less than a 335i, or the M3 being several hundred a month over a 335i, and leagues away in price than the M3e from the 135i... and is it worth it?
I like value for money. So out of the 3 cars, for me its a big consideration. The 135i is f*cking close 0-60 as an M3 for $35k-$40k less. But the 335i is a hell of a ride, nicer looking than the 1 series and a list of other things.
Possibly I might be a rare case of being ABLE to afford an M3, but see the value of a cheap, fast, well built car like the 1 series, and not WANTING to afford the M3.
I totally see where your coming from. You are very familiar with the engine. You right now know more of what the 135i will feel like more than any other NON-335i driver. I drove a 335i sedan once. And if it feels 85% like that, then I am sold. :biggrin:

Kurichan, seriously man. Must you disect every single sentence of the mans post?
      09-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #26
IvtecEM
#1 Addict
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean? I will say Shelly told me they were definitely going to mark up the M3. F*ck them. They just lost any possible sale to me. They can piss off. As far as the 135i, I believe I'd make cash bets on the price if there weren't so many members on this board to pay off if I lose...
What I mean IS WHY WILL i PAY FOR $40K FOR A 135I WHEN i COULD HAVE GOTTEN A 335I COUPE FOR $3k MORE, I DONT AGREE WITH THE ESTIMATE THE 135I WILL BE CLOSE TO $40K. I DID GO TO SHELLY BEFORE I WENT TO LONG BECAH, I WOULD NOT GO TO SHELLY EVERY AGAIN JUST RUDE AND FULL OF SHIT STAFF.
      09-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #27
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
Which dealer/client advisor did you correspond with? I've got my deposit with Calgary BMW and haven't heard anything from them... hm.

I see you're in Edmonton, yesterday I was calling Bavaria BMW but their two CA's were busy. You're in Edmonton calling Calgary and I'm in Calgary calling Edmonton, go figure.

About 2 weeks ago I went to Edm. BMW. The sales guy there seemed very , and wasn't really listening to what I was asking him(I was asking about the 128 but he kept talking about the 135), and to top it off, he said their deposit was Non-refundable.

So then I got the idea to e-mail all 4 dealers here in AB(Bavaria, Edm, Calgary, and Gallery). I included Edm. again to see if maybe a different saleperson would be more helpful.

So far, I've only received feedback from 2 dealers: Bavaria and Gallery.

Bavaria called me, the guy there sounded pretty good and said the dep. was refundable, and Gallery e-mailed me, again seeming like they actually wanted my business
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 01:54 AM   #28
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Talked to my guys at Shelly BMW on numerous occasions. They are nearly dead 100% certain that the 335i will be in the high, to very high $30,000's.
My gut instinct to concreteness… is that the 335i will start at $36,000.
I am very disappointed in this. To the average guy, they are feeling certain $5,500 will be enough of a carrot to lure a buyer wanting an upgrade from the 128i but not able to go to $41,500 for a base sport 335i Sedan, and who certainly can't make it into the Coupe 335i pricing territory (or insurance.)
There will be a $150 to $250 a month difference in lease payment. That's enough, but not for me.
I think BMW is making a HUGE mistake. They are poised to obliterate Honda Accord V6, Camry V6, Honda 2000 and other buyers should they mark the base Leatherette Sport 135i in the $33,000 range. No one in their right mind would buy a Jap car with this package available But BMW apparently is on their own page. Fools.
Mark my words: $36,000 to $41,000.
Relax! Why don't you just wait until the official pricing is released before screaming wolf. You have done the same stunt on the m3post before.

Here's the link to his previous post regarding the new M3 couple month ago
and he cross posted this thread throughout various different BMW forums.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70971

He has also copy and pasted the exact post here on m3post as well
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82699
      09-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #29
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
With the Canadian $ at about .95 US we should see a $28K 128 here but it ain't gonna happen.... not with a Cooper S at $31K. $33K minimum unfortunately.
What the eff are you talking about? We're talking BASE MSRP here and the Mini Cooper S starts at $22K. You need to compare apples to apples.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #30
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

The dealer is as clueless about the price as we are. I seriously doubt BMW would leak this kind of info so soon. Obviously they would get pricing info before us but not this early. The car won't even be released until Spring. 135i will not come that close to 41k. If you start adding options sure you could get there. It won't start there though. That would totally defeat the purpose of releasing the car. This supposed to fit inbetween the Mini and the 3 series.

31k for a Cooper S? Man it's good to be an American!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #31
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoi2100 View Post
... 31k for a Cooper S? Man it's good to be an American!
Many Americans have optioned out their Cooper S to a price of over $31K (not me).
      09-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #32
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Talk about gilding a lily. It is in every possible way a BMW. Buy an Acura and it comes fully loaded. Buy a BMW and it's a la cart for another $12K. That's really my biggest gripe with the company. You've gotta have some big balls to charge for Xenon lights and Leather in this market segment.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #33
IvtecEM
#1 Addict
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Relax! Why don't you just wait until the official pricing is released before screaming wolf.
+1
      09-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #34
dsm9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Talk about gilding a lily. It is in every possible way a BMW. Buy an Acura and it comes fully loaded. Buy a BMW and it's a la cart for another $12K. That's really my biggest gripe with the company. You've gotta have some big balls to charge for Xenon lights and Leather in this market segment.

I agree here...I love the cars they produce but to charge for every little ad on is BS but then again when you are BMW you can get away with it too.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #35
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep

It trips me out about how much whining of the price that goes on. We all should know going in that Bimmers, Mercedes, Audis, Lexus, Infiniti, and Acuras are considered premium brand cars and their prices reflect that. It's like folks on this message board want all these features without paying for it. We are talking about buying a car that goes 0-60 in a overly conservative 5.3 seconds(this car should easily see 4.8 maybe even 4.6) Compare that to cars that do those numbers and compare the price. I honestly think this car will be a steal.

All car brands charge for XENON lights and Leather. If not as an option it's included in the MSRP. Let's be a little realistic, if you want quality you have to pay for it. If not then go buy a Ford Focus or a Dodge Caliber.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #36
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep

I'm doing some research and these cars go at least 0-60 in 4.8 seconds

2006 M3- 48k
2007 Audi RS4-82K
2007 Aston Martin Vantage-115k
2007 Aston Martin Volante-179k
2007 Bently Continental GT-200k
2007 Jaguar XKR-86K
2007 Porsche 911-77k

Most of these cars are pushin 400hp or more.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #37
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
It trips me out about how much whining of the price that goes on. We all should know going in that Bimmers, Mercedes, Audis, Lexus, Infiniti, and Acuras are considered premium brand cars and their prices reflect that. It's like folks on this message board want all these features without paying for it.

All car brands charge for XENON lights and Leather. If not as an option it's included in the MSRP. Let's be a little realistic, if you want quality you have to pay for it. If not then go buy a Ford Focus or a Dodge Caliber.
Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura all come with leather and xenon as standard, included in price or not (not to mention incredible reliability at a far better price point). BMW is a premium brand and as such I would expect that these be standard as they are on any other brand in this segment. To offer an imitation leather as standard is almost an insult to our intelligence. I'm not commenting on the price of the car in general because it is a premium car but I am pointing out that it's ridiculous to nickel and dime customers for things like xenons in a car starting above $35K. Trust me, I can afford a $50K car but I find it appalling that I would walk in and build a $39K 3-series to $52K. It's bull.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #38
NY SLC 93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128er View Post
So, you think a 135i will be $36,000 and a 128i...what?

My estimate...135i=33,500
128i=27,000
I'll buy that for a dollar
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #39
Lips
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura all come with leather and xenon as standard, included in price or not (not to mention incredible reliability at a far better price point). BMW is a premium brand and as such I would expect that these be standard as they are on any other brand in this segment. To offer an imitation leather as standard is almost an insult to our intelligence. I'm not commenting on the price of the car in general because it is a premium car but I am pointing out that it's ridiculous to nickel and dime customers for things like xenons in a car starting above $35K. Trust me, I can afford a $50K car but I find it appalling that I would walk in and build a $39K 3-series to $52K. It's bull.
I agree with you, but that is just the way some of these companies operate. Lexus and Infiniti try to offer these things as included to be a better so called bargain. BMW on the otherhand is saying we are higher up on the luxury scale and we have the right to nickle and dime you because we can and you will still pay for it. Not right, but the way it is. Porsche does the same thing if not even worse. You could price a base $45k boxster to close to 70k with options...

Lips
      09-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #40
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep

You still pay for that stuff being standard. They way I look at it I have more options to choose from. Some people may not want xenon headlights...or leather.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #41
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
You still pay for that stuff being standard. They way I look at it I have more options to choose from. Some people may not want xenon headlights...or leather.
Exactly, it's all about choice, preference, and what you can/are willing to pay for.

Sometimes Package pricing sucks...for instance, before we bought the Gallant we were looking at a Mazda 6...we we liked the Blue ext. but could only get it with Biege interior :eyebulge: personally, I HATE beige interior...so what colors could you get with black leather...well White, red, or Black...all the rest had BEIGE...

OR say I just want Heated seats(living in Canada they are a nice :thumbup: But don't need all the other gadgets, well in a lot of cars you need to get the "premium package" which is filled with expensive crap that I don't want/need...

Hell, to put Xenons into a Passat(another car we looked at before the G) you had to get the premium pkg...sooo to get the $1600 Xenons, you had to spend another 3 g's for the premium pkg...noooo thanks.

The only downside to having to "add" these options is you see how much you are actually spending on them and it makes you think "do I really need/want that?" instead of just think "oh it's standard..."
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #42
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
I like value for money. So out of the 3 cars, for me its a big consideration. The 135i is f*cking close 0-60 as an M3 for $35k-$40k less. But the 335i is a hell of a ride, nicer looking than the 1 series and a list of other things.
I don't understand the big grip you have over the 135i being only 3-4k cheaper than the 335i. If your emphasis is on value then the value choice for your circumstance is getting procede for the 335i. Your logics are contradicting each other, on one hand you are willing to take a huge depreciation on the 335i but on the other hand you worried about 3-4k difference in price.

I assure you the cost you are going to incur switching from 335i to 135i won't correspond to a similar increase in performance. You already have the 300hp engine and relative capable suspension that add up to maybe 80-90% performance 135i will offer.
      09-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #43
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
Exactly, it's all about choice, preference, and what you can/are willing to pay for.

Sometimes Package pricing sucks...for instance, before we bought the Gallant we were looking at a Mazda 6...we we liked the Blue ext. but could only get it with Biege interior :eyebulge: personally, I HATE beige interior...so what colors could you get with black leather...well White, red, or Black...all the rest had BEIGE...

OR say I just want Heated seats(living in Canada they are a nice :thumbup: But don't need all the other gadgets, well in a lot of cars you need to get the "premium package" which is filled with expensive crap that I don't want/need...

Hell, to put Xenons into a Passat(another car we looked at before the G) you had to get the premium pkg...sooo to get the $1600 Xenons, you had to spend another 3 g's for the premium pkg...noooo thanks.

The only downside to having to "add" these options is you see how much you are actually spending on them and it makes you think "do I really need/want that?" instead of just think "oh it's standard..."
There is a big difference between the cars you mentioned and the cars I am talking about. I am talking about the mid-luxury segment with premium brands. VW and Mazda are not premium brands. Hell my Nissan Altima SE-R came stock with leather and Xenon. There is a HUGE difference between xenon lights and your beige interior issue. The Mazda 6 and Mitsubishi Galant are not luxury automobiles so it's of course no surprise that you would have to pay extra for the luxury items (as for the lack of color choices... what can I say... it's a Mazda, a company that has been struggling for roughly 10 years just to stay alive). Take this for example... My girlfriend just bought an Infiniti FX35. Standard options were leather, xenon, sunroof, heated seats, intelligent key, etc. I didn't think anything of it until I went to BMW and discovered that getting those options that came standard on her car would cost me north of $8,000 to add to a 3 series. Oh and let's not mention paint... that's got to be the biggest scam going. Is this 1925?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #44
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
There is a big difference between the cars you mentioned and the cars I am talking about. I am talking about the mid-luxury segment with premium brands. VW and Mazda are not premium brands. Hell my Nissan Altima SE-R came stock with leather and Xenon. There is a HUGE difference between xenon lights and your beige interior issue. The Mazda 6 and Mitsubishi Galant are not luxury automobiles so it's of course no surprise that you would have to pay extra for the luxury items (as for the lack of color choices... what can I say... it's a Mazda, a company that has been struggling for roughly 10 years just to stay alive). Take this for example... My girlfriend just bought an Infiniti FX35. Standard options were leather, xenon, sunroof, heated seats, intelligent key, etc. I didn't think anything of it until I went to BMW and discovered that getting those options that came standard on her car would cost me north of $8,000 to add to a 3 series. Oh and let's not mention paint... that's got to be the biggest scam going. Is this 1925?
First off, the SE-R is built off the base model SE, and so is basically an option package built onto the car to start. Much like my Gallant RAlliart, which if I had had the option would NOT have had the NAV that it came Standard with.

As for the others, they may not be premium brand, but I using them as examples. Would Audi be Premium enough?
Xenons are an option on the A3, as are heated seats, leather, etc. And just like BMW you pay extra for the "pearl/metallic" paints.

Anyways, My point was simply that sometimes it's nice to separate options instead of just having everything autmatically built-in or in "packages.
Appreciate 0