BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2020, 05:23 AM   #1
Charles Martin
Rep
Drives: 2010 325 e90 LCI

Bluetooth issues

Hi all

Not sure how this will work what with the lockdown and all but need to try

At the end of February I traded my X1 in on an immaculate 120d LCI steptronic. Shortly before lockdown I unfortunately suffered a heart attack and am only now getting to grips with the car.

Also, dealers are now closed during lockdown barring online services

There is only one issue thus far and that is the Bluetooth operation

• I have checked for the module in the boot, the Bluetooth aerial under the dash as well as the mic in the roof console. All are in place
• Disconnected the optical cable at the MULF2 and have lights on both the cable and the MULF2
• When attempting to pair the head unit and the phone everything works the way it should. HU asks for accept / reject, requests pin code (0000) which is also put into the phone
• Pairing in progress is shown on the HU and the phone shows connected. Then the Hu kicks out and goes back to the radio station
• The phone then shows contact sharing active but call audio is greyed out
• Steering buttons all work
• It’s as if that final hook up is not happening from the HU side
• The main phone I’ve been using is a Huawei P20 Lite. Looking at the compatible phones on BMW.com they show the P10 which has the same Bluetooth system / version
• Have also tried an iPhone 7, iPhone 8, Samsung A3, Huawei P9 and a Samsung A50. All of which have the same result
• Upon purchasing the car the previous owner’s phone was loaded which I deleted

I have attached 6 photos to show that the process works up to a point – photos 5 and 6 are of the phone’s status showing paired but not for call audio

I really hope you guys can be of assistance

Regards

Charles Martin
Attached Images

Last edited by Charles Martin; 04-27-2020 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0