BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Matt60158
///M
Rep
Drives:

Local retailers - ATE Super Blue

Now that the weather is nice I am hoping to do a brake fluid change on my current vehicle. However I only have one can of ATE super blue on hand I want to be sure I have enough fluid.

I went to my local auto stores, pep boys and salvo but neither carry it (probably not a good idea to mix brands?). I would order online but I would like to do this today and not have to wait until next weekend when I can get garage time again.

I also had the idea of calling a chevy parts department since I thought stock fill on the corvette is ATE super blue yet they say they don't carry it...pretty scary.

Anyone else have any other ideas? If not ill order online and do this next weekend but I would like to swap to summer wheels and change fluid all at once.
      04-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Matt60158
///M
Rep
Drives:

Update: Just ordered 3 quarts from Bavauto, should be set for next weekend. They had great rates on shipping as well.
      04-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I love ATE Super Blue, but every time I've used it, it gets noted on my service notes when I bring the car in for any service. It makes it super easy to change the fluid when you have that different color.

I went with ATE Typ 200.. same stuff without the coloring. To make sure I got the old fluid out, I use a turkey baster to remove what I can from the reservoir, replacing with the ATE, then go through about 3/4 of a can during bleeding of the right rear caliper, then the left rear, right front, then the left front. I go through about 1 1/3 cans of it.

For those doing this, the reservoir is under a black removable cover, by the fuse box.
Appreciate 0