BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

another will it fit...

Searched but too many words needed to bring up results--figured someone can just give me the "go/no go" on it.

Eurotek LM Reps
18x8.5, et45 F
18x9.5, et45 R

ST Coilovers are getting delivered today, curious about rubbing/if I'll have to roll fenders. Not looking go real low-just eliminate gap in fender-tire area. Probably will adjust them all the way up (-1.4" according to spec sheet on them) and set it. Anyone running a set up similar without rubbing? I don't think it'll be an issue but looking at a tape measure from fender edge to tire says otherwise
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Tons are running similar setups, usually with a little more aggressive front offsets.

It will all depend on what tire you select and how low you go. ST are supposed to basically be KWs just made with different metal. So if similar, I doubt you really want to start with them set at max height, I'd go for more like 3/4 max height. I bet most of us are closer to half way up the height settings.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Tons are running similar setups, usually with a little more aggressive front offsets.

It will all depend on what tire you select and how low you go. ST are supposed to basically be KWs just made with different metal. So if similar, I doubt you really want to start with them set at max height, I'd go for more like 3/4 max height. I bet most of us are closer to half way up the height settings.
I installed rears last night, fronts today after work--I went half way up on the rear adjustment and from what I've read on here I'll more than likely try to hit the 25-28 thread mark on front. Give it a few days to settle and then re adjust to level.

Thanks Eyeman
Appreciate 0