BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-27-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
Palmer.T
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Convertible

First problems with my N55 looking for advice

I have a 2012 bmw 135i and have enjoyed it. Learned how to drive stick and with y’all’s advice I have kept it stock as I’m a high schooler with just decent cash flow. Anyways I threw my first check codes and went into limp mode 3 days ago. I have a small oil leak so I assumed maybe something with my ofhg and such but when I ran the codes I had never heard of the 2D60 and when I looked into it farther I’m scared I could have a vanos solenoid problem which from what I have read sound’s expensive. Any advice on where to go with these codes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 02:18 PM   #2
mkeiser
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 128i 6mt m sport

You can remove the vanos solenoid (check youtube, very easy) and try cleaning it. clear codes, reinstall, and see if it comes back.

Another troubleshooting thing you can do is swap the intake and exhaust solenoids and see if the code follows the solenoid.

If cleaning the solenoid doesn't work and when you swap them it follows the solenoid then replacing is your option. OEM is usually advised and may as well do both of them. $200 and less than 30 mins of your time.

You got this dude. there's lots of good information around these forums and youtube.
Appreciate 3
bnace10144.50
lab_rat394.50