BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #45
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR1 View Post

STFU......Preach Elsewhere
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #46
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

!

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-17-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #47
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qunadry View Post
We all need to remember that driving is a privilege, not a right. There is no inherent right to drive not wearing seatbelts.

Buckle the seat belt and sit on it if you must drive not wearing seatbelts.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #48
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

The passenger side is the problem. Through your gym bag on it and the bong starts. Also if you are doing any work on the car with the engine running and the door open the bong starts again.

As for driving without a seatbelt that is just plain crazy. Just like those lunatics not wearing helmets.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #49
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

just put the damn seat belt,
when you get into accident, and you are unconscious, cops found out you dont wear seat belt, you arent insured.......
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #50
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Jeez, enough preaching on the thread already....

Anyone come up with a more elegant solution than the pink string? That gong is highly annoying.

For the record: I wear my seatbelt habitually, and I strongly oppose seatbelt laws.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #51
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qunadry View Post
We all need to remember that driving is a privilege, not a right. There is no inherent right to drive not wearing seatbelts. In my home state, there still is not a primary seatbelt law and the state is going to lose millions in federal highway funds. Our lawmakers feel that a seat belt law is an invasion of our rights, but it is okay to increase our sales tax to 6.25% to help compensate for lost federal funding. How do these people get elected? Easy, less than 30% of registered voters voted in the last statewide election. Duh!!!

Buckle the seat belt and sit on it if you must drive not wearing seatbelts.
Well, I guess it depends on what you think this USA and FREEDOM really stand for.
Personally, I feel it IS my right to live and pursue that which makes me happy. Of course, life isn't always happy, but I like to believe that "land of the free" truly means that. Thus, everything is my right. I also like to live my life by doing what makes me happy, but not hurting others. Other peoples happiness also makes ME happy.
So, you'd be happy if I always wore my seatbelt. It makes me happy to wear it whenever I decide to. In this case, my right to pursue my happiness will have to trump your desire. Why? Because me not wearing my seatbelt is NOT a demand placed on you, whereas your desire is to decide and dictate what I should do.

Yes, that's simplistic, but wouldn't it be great if we didn't always have to convolute and overly complicate things like this?
Here's an example: I think you should have to chew each bite of food at least 20 times before swallowing, because by not doing so could result in you choking thus necessitating an emergency ambulance to come and rescue you, and then take you to the hospital due to potential complications, and that would cost all of us money as our insurance premiums would thus go up. Why should I have to pay more when it would be so easy for you to comply with the "20 chews then swallow" law?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #52
mechanicalmagic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Cashmere Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Maybe i'd buy it...if it werent pink :-P
Ain't just pink no more.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291673
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #53
busyguy8
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 Black Saphire/Black 135 6M

i want to get rid of the chime regardless of seatbelt. I can't even open my door to hear the end of a song because of the damn CHIME..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #54
bitcore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM Manual M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyguy8 View Post
i want to get rid of the chime regardless of seatbelt. I can't even open my door to hear the end of a song because of the damn CHIME..
+1,000
I just want it off.

Every time it goes off, it makes me believe my car is more and more homosexual with it's cheery "bladaadinnng." I have nothing against homosexuals, I just don't particularly want to be inside of one.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #55
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Why do you all think of it as a SEAT BELT CHIME?

It bongs LOUDLY when the key is inserted. When the lights are on or the key is in, and the door is opened. If it were softer, it would not be an issue, but it's really loud and it's NOT JUST FOR STINKIN' SEATBELTS!

If you could turn it down, but not off, things would be fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #56
bitcore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM Manual M2 Comp

Does anyone know of any signal wiring that feeds the HU with the gong noise that we can disconnect or use something like a line-level L-pad to make it quieter?
I know the euro models have the gong speaker in the cluster, but the US models feed it to the speaker.

I can see the f$%(ing screen and see what it's telling me when something 'goes off' or I've left the key in the ignition, I don't want an audio reminder.
My old E36, I removed the speaker entirely from the foot well. Problem fixed.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #57
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Pretty certain that it sees states on the CAN bus.

Last edited by VP Electricity; 01-31-2010 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #58
ianc
Ex '87 Carrera
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 TiAg 6MT 135i

Quote:
Thus, everything is my right. I also like to live my life by doing what makes me happy, but not hurting others.
When you turn your head to light your cigarette and crash into a telephone pole while not wearing your seatbelt and thus render yourself a vegetable, you ARE hurting me, because I now have to pay for your dumb ass. My hard-earned tax dollars which could have gone into improving my daughter's school will now be spent emptying your bed pan.

And sorry, your food-chewing analogy just shows how far your inability to reason and assess the relative probabilities of various events occurring has progressed. This is precisely why they've passed laws to make you wear your seatbelt. To PROTECT YOU FROM YOUR OWN DUMB ASS!

Now, since any right-thinking person always wears their seatbelt, and we all acknowledge this, has anyone found a way to defeat the @#$^&@^ seatbelt gong?

ianc
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #59
White-one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 135I

i know this is an old thread and has been attacked by people who just have to let you know how to live, but EAS in Los Angeles can turn off your seatbelt chime as well as get rid of the legal notice telling you not to look at the IDrive screen when driving. They have more options, but not related to this thread. For those of you not in the LA area check the N54 website under the DIY area. There is someone who can program your car remotely (at least that is my understanding. I had the chime turned off as well as the legal notice and the widows roll up with the keyfob.
Well worth the money spent.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #60
Kevin_russian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 135i

Just route your seat belt behind the seat and buckle it, that way no noise and you can keep your stuff on the seat
Appreciate 0