BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2016, 11:57 PM   #23
m3driver40
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koluka View Post

I bought ducts following TUN3D's posts. To make them flush you do have to kinda customize them with a hot knife. Especially on the driver side where on the 135i there is a horn in the way of the duct. I cut the upper side of the duct to make that fit and had to secure them with metal wires so they will hold their shape. I secured them with metal wires because as TUN3D mentioned, there are no brackets that will connect to the end side of the air ducts. I drilled holes in the ducts where they are not visible and wired them to fit before placing the bumper.
Your car looks great wish there was a easy way to make it fit like this
I have no experience cutting parts like this :[
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #24
White_i35
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55

I don't have pictures but i removed the brake ducts to start because i wanted the Fog lights. noticed absolutely NO difference with or without the ducts

Sorry the pics are bad here but this is what i have now with the 1m replica bumper, i custom retro fitted some sheet metal (not hard at all) to allow a small area to the oil cooler because i was bored and people on here said it can't be done from space. once you get the bumper off and fog lights in, jack that baby up as high as you can, remove the under plastics and you will see what you have to work with or at least give yourself a good idea.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 09:12 PM   #25
gldnhr
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Not directly connected 1to 1M bumper but related; Do you know how the OEM fog light on a 135i while maintaining the air duct for the oil cooler?
Appreciate 0