BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
09 iDrive shutting down

This has happened to me twice now. The music stops, then a loud beep for about 3 seconds, then the whole iDrive shuts off and restarts.

I have booked the car in to be looked at, just dissapointed after only having the car for 3 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
This happened to me occasionally as well. It is always when playing music off the HDD. I think there must be a bug. I tend to play music off my iphone now instead because it annoyed me.

When my car has its service I will ask if there is a software upgrade.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Yeah only seems to happen when using the HDD music...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Got the car back from the dealer, they don't know what is going on. BMW Australia doesn't know either. There is no fault logged on the computer. Basically asked me to call them the minute it happens again to see all the things that are happening at the same time to replicate it so they can see it happen in the flesh.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Try and see if it does it when a particular song is playing. I have a feeling it may be related to corruption in music files.

I'm going to delete my HDD and reload all the songs again as a few of them have been corrupted. My dealer had no idea what the problem was either. Hopefully there'll be a software upgrade at some stage.

BMW have recently rolled out a new generation of diagnostic computer to all dealers and the techs here told me they are having endless problems with it. Takes forever to check fault codes (over an hour on new 7) and is very unreliable at programming the cars. We have a 7 in the workshop here where something went wrong during programming and now the car is completely dead. Just a giant shiny paperweight...
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0