BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-11-2018, 10:25 PM   #1
E30ROB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M Sport AW3

Garage List
Need An N52 Tuner!

Hello all, I have a 128i I have been putting some time and money into and ive across some tuning issues to keep the SES light off with my current custom tune (which is great) but I really need someone to put in the time and have the know-how to keep the SES light off.

Here is a list of the modifications I have done as well as a list of parts I have replaced in order to keep the engine running tip top and in an attempt to rid the SES.

Engine:
N52B30
N54 intake manifold
N54 throttle body
3" intake piping to OEM airbox without charcoal filter (K&N drop in)
AA headers
N55 135i Magnaflow 15527 exhaust system
S65 fuel injectors
E85
Brisk racing plugs

Parts replaced:(all parts replaced with brand new OEM)
MAF sensor
All four O2 sensors
PCV valve/plumbing
All gaskets above and below HG (no leaks)
Spark plugs (Brisk Racing)
Valvetronic drive motor gasket
Vanos solenoids

Symptoms:
Before installing the S65 fuel injectors I had the same issues listed below with the idle, and the SES light coming on (most of the same codes) and I took the car back to the tuner to get it figured out and WHALLA, no more SES light for about 2k miles. I then installed the S65 injectors and still no SES for about 1k miles.

However, after going to full E85 the SES light comes on with all the codes listed below whether the car is running on E85 or 93, they will not go away.

The car successfully had O2 readiness and I passed inspection with flying colors (no emissions testing)

I have been getting SES lights for running rich, as well as a bad MAF before and after replacing the MAF with OEM unit.

The car runs tip top and makes plenty of power, however it does not like to idle at times and sometimes it will just shut off and die completely. Other times the idle will jump up and down erratically nearly choking itself out at 200rpm and shooting back up.

***FULL DISCLOSURE, I DO NOT EXPERIENCE ANY NOTICEABLE POWER LOSS WITH OR WITHOUT SES!***

Codes:
29D1
29E1
29E0
2D06
29F5
29F4

I am looking for someone that can assist in getting these codes to go away and get a solid tune for E85 and 93 on the car. I have multiple friends S65 running full catless and dont have any codes with E85 or 93.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:35 AM   #2
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

I don’t have those codes but do have similar symptoms. My only power mods are AA headers and BPC tune (N51 motor though). Did you do all of this at one time? Wondering if the idle issues might be something specific to the headers.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

I ran E85 and had O2 feedback codes and eventually it killed my O2 sensors and fuel pump. Could be what's happening to you.
Appreciate 0