BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
Wolfie1
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i

Low oil pressure on start up and...help!!

...soo my 135i started having problems throwing itself into neutral when on the freeway or driving hard. Car would die and I’d have to wait forever till it started again. Codes I was getting are low oil pressure and vanos faults.

Replaced all my oil sensors and switches, map sensors, checked the vanos timing and units and everything checks out.

I’m running the JB4+ MHD BEF, pure turbo stage 2, FBO, etc.

Any thoughts?? Could it be the tune? Or are we just completely missing something?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie1 View Post
...soo my 135i started having problems throwing itself into neutral when on the freeway or driving hard. Car would die and I’d have to wait forever till it started again. Codes I was getting are low oil pressure and vanos faults.

Replaced all my oil sensors and switches, map sensors, checked the vanos timing and units and everything checks out.

I’m running the JB4+ MHD BEF, pure turbo stage 2, FBO, etc.

Any thoughts?? Could it be the tune? Or are we just completely missing something?
N54? Could be this: http://www.tmwerkes.ca/bmw-n52n54-ca...earing-ledges/
Appreciate 0