BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2016, 04:21 AM   #23
martymil
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: Garage is to big to list.

It's definetly the latest firmware from Apple that's causing all sorts of issues

The easiest way is to close all applications before letting the phone pair up

I also have a pioneer unit in my ute and it has all sorts of trouble with the app radio

Apple don't care, it's up to the manufacturer of your audio system to keep up

My suggestion is to shut down all apps prior to entering the car
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #24
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

This is normal behaviour. No different when using the headphones with the middle answer/end call button. When you press once it plays the last audio source.

Frustrating that a default cannot be set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
Sorry to bring up this "old" thread, but I have an irritating issue with my iPhone. I had this issue in my old Car's Sony head unit which interfaced with my iPhone via USB cable and now I have it in my 2011 E82 135i MSPORT with CIC/iDrive/Bluetooth streaming.

I'd like to start off by saying that bluetooth streaming works just fine, I get the song name, album name and artist name in my split display and I can go seek track back and track forward. I can also make & receive calls.

The problem is as follows:

1. I get out of the car
2. I'm bored at work so I watch something -- e.g. a MP4/Youtube/Vimeo video
3. When I get back in the car, phone auto-pairs music DOES NOT resume, because the video is active in the player.

It's almost as if the car is trying to resume my MP4 video / youtube video or whatever. It does NOT automatically resume the last playing music.

If I slide up on my iPhone, I see that the youtube video or the MP4 video is what's active in "the player".

What I expect should happen is regardless of what the last played item was (be it youtube or a mp4 video), music playback should resume from the last played soundtrack. But what happens is it just resumes the last played media regardless of if it was a youtube video, some MP4 or what have you - which obviously the car can't interpret because it's expecting audio only.

Here are some screenshots:
In this state, when I get into my car, it'll be all good: http://iforce.co.nz/i/40ch2cas.n2y.png

In this state, when I get into my work it WONT stream. I have to manually open music app and play some music.
http://iforce.co.nz/i/wahvnvbw.3xp.png
http://iforce.co.nz/i/v5b2ig4f.5om.png

If anyone can provide insight on this it'd be fantastic. I don't think this is a BMW issue.

I do recall this working properly BEFORE 7. iOS 6 and down used to work great but 7 and up just don't.
Appreciate 0