BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #1
DaveXRS
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-pack

No crank

Hi,

I need help troubleshooting why my car won't start anymore.

I went to work today and the car was driving fine. About 2 hours after I came back I had to leave and the car did not even cranked. I can hear a "click" after pushing the button but nothing else. I tried again a few minutes ago and still no crank, I even tried boosting the battery and nothing.

Car is a 2012 N55 MT JB4

Also worth noting, if it can help:

- Over the past few weeks I noted that sometimes, when the engine was still warm from a previous drive, the crank before starting would be "longer" than usual (like half a second but I was still able to notice it). This did not happen on a cold start.

- I had a misfire code on cyl 6 after a WOT 3 weeks ago. I resetted the code and was avoiding WOT until I could track the issue (most probably the coil). The code did not come back and everything was fine.

Do starters just fail without notice (considering the "long cranks" were still not that long)?

Tomorrow I'll try to find time to look at the fuses / relays, just in case.

Any ideas to what I should look for ?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
DaveXRS
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-pack

Car is fixed ! The cable to the starter was bad as presented in this thread:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...car+wont+start
Appreciate 0