BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i

Blackline LED Strip Out...

Hey guys, so about 2 weeks ago, the inner brake light on my Driver side Blackline tail light was out. I swapped the bulb, and all was good. Yesterday after washing the car, my blinker light on the cluster came on, and I noticed that BOTH my right and left blinkers were rapidly blinking. Checked the blinkers on all 4 corners and all were good. Today, I unplugged the battery, swapped some bulbs around, and made sure everything was secure and the blinkers are good again. Now I noticed that the Driver side LED strip is out on the blackline. Unfortunately, the LED strip isn't as simple as a bulb, but I messed around with swapping and trading bulbs, with no success. I've read in the forums about someone attempting to repair the circuit board. Is that worth a try? I wonder if the driver and passenger tail light circuit boards are swappable to diagnose if that is the issue ? Are Pre-LCI and LCI blackline circuit boards interchangeable as well ? Any help greatly appreciated, didn't want to play with the CBs until I got some advice. Thanks guys !

Dan
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 07:39 PM   #2
Campose82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

I k ow its been a while but did you ever get this fixed? Got water damage on mine and im looking for a board? Is there somewhere to get these? Or you have to buy whole new tail light? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campose82 View Post
I k ow its been a while but did you ever get this fixed? Got water damage on mine and im looking for a board? Is there somewhere to get these? Or you have to buy whole new tail light? Thanks!
Hey, so I had bought a new one through Schmeidmann, they sell individuals with great prices. Unfortunately they sent me one with a busted LED as well 🤣. So I swapped their circuit board into mine and it started working again. So the circuit board method works if theres water damage. I dont believe pre LCI circuit boards will work.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 07:53 PM   #4
Campose82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segments View Post
Quote:
Hey, so I had bought a new one through Schmeidmann, they sell individuals with great prices. Unfortunately they sent me one with a busted LED as well 🤣. So I swapped their circuit board into mine and it started working again. So the circuit board method works if theres water damage. I dont believe pre LCI circuit boards will work.
Thanks so much for the quick reply ! Good to hear you got it fixed. You dont happen to have a spare board by chance? Lol do you remember pricing for just one? Thanks a bunch!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 07:55 PM   #5
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segments View Post
Quote:
Thanks so much for the quick reply ! Good to hear you got it fixed. You dont happen to have a spare board by chance? Lol do you remember pricing for just one? Thanks a bunch!
So like I said, what I did was order just my bad side from Schmedimann originally, so unfortunately dont have a second one sitting around. Maybe try the pre LCI board just for the hell of it, but I dont believe it would work. But Schmiedmann sells them for a great price individually, check out their site.
Appreciate 0