BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
CanAm135
Rep
Drives: 135i

Issues Coding Injectors using Schwaben/Foxwell Tool

Hi Guys,

So I tackled a laundry list of issues over the holidays (walnut blasting, intercooler install, oil catch can install, oil & filter change, replaced air filters, replaced valve cover, coil packs, spark plugs and all 6 injectors with index 12 units). After having the car in various states of disassembly for about 3 weeks, I was really hoping to have this all dealt with, but I am having issues coding the injectors.

I opted to get the Schwaben/Foxwell scanner tool which is supposed to allow you to code the injectors and save the settings to the DME. When I connect the unit to the car and try to code the injectors, I get a series of values listed for cylinders 1-6, which don't look anything like the ones that you are supposed to enter. After following the procedure to code the injectors with the appropriate 6 digit values from the injectors, the values are all listed as "not OK", and also don't seem to be retained by the DME when you try to repeat the process later.

The car will start, and as expected runs terribly because the injectors are not coded properly. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong with my coding process. I watched a youtube video of a guy using the same unit and basically followed his procedure, and I can't get it to work.

I have checked and it looks like the software on the scanner tool is up to date, so I don't think that is the issue.

At this point, I really need my car back in working order again, and I'm about to break down and tow the damn thing to the dealership to have them code the injectors, but the whole reason I tackled this on my own was to avoid doing that.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
CanAm135
Rep
Drives: 135i

Problems Resolved and Advice for Others

Hi All,

If you are attempting to replace and code your injectors on your own, here are a few pieces of advice: 1.) Make sure that the software is up to date on your coding device. 2.) Wait about 30 minutes after coding to allow the changes to register in the DME. 3.) Suck it up, get a cable, download INPA, and code the injectors. The handheld Schwaben tool has a much lower barrier to activation as far as learning and using goes, but in my experience it doesn't always work so well. This is just my personal experience, so take it for what it is. I eventually did get the Schwaben tool to allow me to store the injector settings, but I honestly have no idea why it worked on try 7 or 8 vs. try 1. The scientist in me kept thinking of Einstein's quote about insanity being the expectation that things will change when you do the same thing over and over again, but it worked in this case, so go figure.

Also, when replacing ignition coils, make sure that they are firmly seated. Apparently, my rough running/misfire issue was due to the ignition coils not being perfectly seated on the spark plugs. After a quick visit to the local dealership and a $155 diagnosis and repair bill (not bad all things considered) the problem was finally resolved.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
Cavallaro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 90 335

Same issue

Hello, CanAm135 im having the exact same issue. I have replaced all 6 injectors with the index 12s. When i go to program using the Foxwell NT510, the numbers that show up as currently saved are very different and are not 6 digits. When i try to program the new injectors, it says "Not Ok" I've tried about 5 times with no luck. Do you remember any details of how you finally got it to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #4
patton001
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Has anyone solved this issue? I am having the same problem getting those 23 digit numbers. I made sure my Schwben has the most current software (V11.28 released 5/11/18). I am getting ready to do my injectors and found those values in my dry run yesterday.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #5
patton001
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

I figured it out. Stupid on my part. I was just plugging the fob into the slot and not hitting the start button. Gotta hit the start button.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
Dennis J
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82 N54

Foxwell nt520 World like a charm ����
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

I think the answer is no but need to ask-

Do N52 injectors need to be coded?
      08-05-2020, 02:30 AM   #8
tuita
Rep
Drives: bmw 2003

hi,guys,I have foxwell nt530,I need bmw software authorization,all this price is it good enough? https://www.foxwellstore.com/wholesa...ation-service/
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #9
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

yes I'm interested in that as well, I had heard no,
a lot of YT vids never say anything about coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
I think the answer is no but need to ask-