BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Vancity1
Private
Rep
Drives:

Thumbs down Riss Racing

Ordered and payed for both the oil catch can and the downpipes from them nearly a month ago and have yet to receive either from them. The downpipes I understood were a pre-order and would take time, I'm fine with that.

However the catch can was listed as "available now" and I payed for separate shipping for it so I would receive it first. After three weeks I have received no updates as to when I will receive it and yes I emailed asking for an eta.

I've had to request a refund since I'm very worried that my money may be lost. I understand that their are alot of RR fans out there and am not asking to be vilified, this is simply my experience with the company. I purchased a product that was available for immediate shipping and not only have not received that product but I have not received any updates as to when it will be shipped even after sending a private email asking for a firm eta on delivery.
      07-24-2008, 06:31 AM   #2
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity1 View Post
Ordered and payed for both the oil catch can and the downpipes from them nearly a month ago and have yet to receive either from them. The downpipes I understood were a pre-order and would take time, I'm fine with that.

However the catch can was listed as "available now" and I payed for separate shipping for it so I would receive it first. After three weeks I have received no updates as to when I will receive it and yes I emailed asking for an eta.

I've had to request a refund since I'm very worried that my money may be lost. I understand that their are alot of RR fans out there and am not asking to be vilified, this is simply my experience with the company. I purchased a product that was available for immediate shipping and not only have not received that product but I have not received any updates as to when it will be shipped even after sending a private email asking for a firm eta on delivery.
Reason like this is why I save all emails. As you can see with all the dates and time stamps that all of your emails were replied too same day!

The Catted downpipes are a Pre-Order item. You knew this before purchase. In regards to the catch can CUSTOMS sent the item back we had to resend it out with additional forms. Things like this happen from time to time shipping international. However your refund will be issued as you requested TODAY at 3AM. You are getting your refund issued TODAY at 4AM. Thanks!

Subject:
Re: dpsDate: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 02:59:53 -0700 yes a refund would work well, the amount of time taken seems extremly
worriesome to me. Thank you.

----- Original Message -----
To: <jxxxxxx@shaw.ca>
Cc: <adam@rissracing.com>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: dps

There is nothing to worry about. We are getting them all ready. We are
testing making videos/taking pics/ doing more R&D like we do with all our
products to make sure they are perfect. Last thing I want a client to do
is "worry" about something from us. I think we have a very good name and
always produce quality products. If you would like a refund let me know &
I will send it over right away. Thanks!

Original Message:
-----------------
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 03:24:45 -0700
To: anthony@rissracing.com

getting fairly worried here, when are these expected to ship?

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:22 PM

Should be shipping very shortly. We just have a few things to do before
they ship. A confirmation will go out as soon as they are shipped. In
regards to a SIM it all depeneds on the car. They are made so you don't
need O2 SIMs. But if you do get a CEL we have O2 SIMs in stock at all
times. Let me know if there is anything else you need! Thanks for your
support!

Original Message:
-----------------
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:57:56 -0700

Hey Anthony,

Just thought I would email and see if there's any eta on those catted dp's.
Also should I be running an o2 simulator? The horsepower mods I will be
running are sstt, rr dp, helene air filter.

I went with the sstt since it's a ligher tune than the dinan and fiqure
might be safer on the car with the downpipes and airfilter, plus its
removable for servicing, I'm running dme 810 (the old one) and would like
to
avoid throwing codes.
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 8:43 PM
Subject: RE: dps

Haha, we are taking very good care of them. They are all being treated
very well. I make sure my techs feed them 3 times a day, clean them, and
story time before we close up shop every night! Here is the pic....this is
of polished with out new badge as well. PLEASE do not show anybody these
only the pre order guys get to see them first. Thank you for your support!

Anthony Gutierrez
CEO/Co-Founder
www.RissRacing.com

Original Message:
-----------------
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:48:14 -0700
Subject: dps

Hey anthony its vancity1 from 1addicts. Just got your pm and would love to
see my babies before you send them to me. Be sure to tuck them in nice and
give em a kiss before sending them up here

So looking forward to it man, lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Full refund has been issued. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #4
Endre
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 3.2 (321hp)

Garage List
2008 E82 120d  [10.00]
Sounds like this could have been solved without the public had to know about it...
120d, M-sport, H&R springs,Remus Exhaust, 135I kidneys, 18"BMW performance with Toyo T1R.(summer) 17" style 207 with Michelin Xice(winter), 17" M3 replica with Toyo R888 (Track), Hardwired H/K GPS 810. SOLD! Now driving E36 M3 3.2 (321Hp)
Track and Autox
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #5
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre View Post
Sounds like this could have been solved without the public had to know about it...
I'm not sure what more I could have done. In the end though he is the customer, and I'm sorry he isn't happy. Anything I can do to make you happy let me know!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

From what I have seen on the boards here RR seems to be a reputable company with many supportive customers who have done business with them.

What I find very funny/sad and ironic is this quote from the OP-

plus its removable for servicing

People are ready and willing to basically commit fraud, complaining about a delay in shipping.

I know it's not apples to apples, but it's still entertaining...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
Purgatory
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive 5.0

I actually love this thread... This is a classic 80-20 rule display. Whereby 80% of the company's revenues are earned by 20% of its customers. The remainder of the customers make up 20%.

Not all customers are created equal! Also, it is an absolute beauty that you had all of his emails locked and loaded! Couldn't have been handled better by you for sure!

Also, it is a testiment to the support of this vendor that he is scouring the internet for customers who are un-happy... simply awesome!

Damn Canadians... umm... errr...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

It's a shame that the OP had to post this here when he could have sent Anthony or Adam an email to get this resolved - not vilifying anyone, just saying that I would have handled it differently. I can vouch from my own experience that Riss Racing are nothing but great especially when it comes to customer service. As for their product, there are enough fans here as it is so I don't have to add to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Doesn't seem like there was any problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yah I'm wondering exactly where the problem comes in? All I see is, you panicked because, even though Anthony told you what was going on, you grew impatient. Then he OFFERS you a refund, and you accept.

Did I miss something?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

No, no...it sounds as though you read it correctly.
      07-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #12
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Thats amazing that you sent it out the refund at 4AM and replied at 4:30AM. I was impressed before, but this takes the cake!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
ansun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i 135i

I will say this in "e-language"

PWNED!

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
This is just someone being impatient. When I was in the states and needed help with the O2 sims, Anthony was more than patient and helped anyway he could (even spoke with my tuner on the phone and explained how to install it and went over any issues that may occur with the installation of the catless DP's). They are working on other great stuff for us and others and not being a big tuning company (like Dinan or Hamann for example) means less manpower. Given that fact I believe they have done a GREAT job at customer service. I personally look forward to working with them in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
blklacker
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony@rissracing View Post
I'm not sure what more I could have done. In the end though he is the customer, and I'm sorry he isn't happy. Anything I can do to make you happy let me know!
I have spoken with Anthony several times and It is refreshing on how well he handles every customer. What an amazing/patience guy.

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
ShootingStar
Registered
Rep
Drives:

I plan on being a Riss Racing customer when I purchase My One this fall.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #17
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

dude it was 13 days
you think after waiting 3 months for a 1 you'd learn how to wait a few days for some DP's

and +1000000 on wanting to be a riss racing billboard when i get my car haha

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #18
Vancity1
Private
Rep
Drives:

[quote=anthony@rissracing;204270]Reason like this is why I save all emails. As you can see with all the dates and time stamps that all of your emails were replied too same day!

The Catted downpipes are a Pre-Order item. You knew this before purchase. In regards to the catch can CUSTOMS sent the item back we had to resend it out with additional forms. Things like this happen from time to time shipping international. However your refund will be issued as you requested TODAY at 3AM. You are getting your refund issued TODAY at 4AM. Thanks!

The fact that you left out several emails between us and edited a few others makes me extremely happy that I requested a refund.

You never once told my about these issues with customs and I would like to know why. In all our coversations on the phone and email you never once came off as a dishonest person, quite the opposite in fact, I can't believe you are lying like this.

So tell me why you failed to mention to me a customs issue on the phone or in email? the fact is you did not, if you did I would have understood and given you more time.

I mean man really anthony? I know you have a business to protect but you never ONCE mentioned any of this to me or I would have been understanding and given you more time.

When I asked you for a FIRM ETA on both my catch can and DP ON THE PHONE AND IN EMAIL, you told me that was not available, in fact you ignored the question and simply told me I could request a refund, which I did and am WAITING FOR.

So yes, my refund is hopefully on the way but your company has proven to me that it not only lies to it's customers but it is very two faced.

You seemed liked some of the nicest business men I had ever dealt with. I can't believe you would lie like this.

For those who are wondering "why" I am posting this in the vendor review board it is because I ordered a product that was available for immediate shipment and nearly a month out have not received either the product or a refund plain and simple. The downpipes are another story, yes I knew they would take time but the fact that Riss Racing could not ship me a simple oil catch can they apparently had in stock scared the crap out of me when it came to something as huge as my downpipes so I am posting a review.
      07-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #19
Vancity1
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
dude it was 13 days
you think after waiting 3 months for a 1 you'd learn how to wait a few days for some DP's
and no I payed for it fully on the 4th of July, It is now 27th and I am awaiting refund. That is alot more than "14 days.". It's in fact 23 days since I payed for an "available now" product and have not received either the product or a reasonable date of delivery.

Perhaps you should have some actual experience with the car or vendors before you post your opinion and let me post mine.
      07-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #20
Vancity1
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbernard1984 View Post
I agree with everyone above, Anthony and Riss Racing have been one of the best companies i have dealt with for performance parts. I have dealt with many companies over the years and spent plenty hard earned cash and never once had a second thought about spending money with them. The very fact that Anthony issued a refund at 4:30 in the morning really shows the kind of company Riss Racing is. Some people you can just never make happy, such is life.
good then continue to do business with them, the fact is they did not treat me this way, hence my preface that it was my individual experience with them that I was describing. They never let me know about this customs issue and never gave me a firm eta after repeated begging attempts.

As a customer I hope that when a company lists a product as available, it is actually available and I do not have to call and email them repeatedly to have it shipped after I have payed, let alone find out after nearly a month, 12 emails and 4 phone calls that I will not only not be receiving the product but that there was a problem with customs that was not relayed to me until after I posted a public complaint about the issue.......

I mean seriously, that is beyond unprofessional and people can make up their own minds. This is the internet and a public forum. I am posting my personal experience, take from it what you will. I'm just happy if I get my money back and get to actually receive an oil catch can for my car.

The dp is ironically a secondary thought to this thread.
      07-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Vancity1: Sorry to hear that you had a problem. I ordered online from Iraq and received my Oil Catch Can, Catless DP's, and O2 sims within a week. For international customers there is always customs. After reading the dearth of positive messages about RR, I am not surprised that there is at least one negative. It is almost impossible to have 100% customer satisfaction in any industry....and with the owner taking calls, answering emails PERSONALLY as well as R&D for new products I am not surprised he let one slip thru the cracks. To err is human and I do not think he mislead you intentionally....nuff said...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #22
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity1 View Post
and no I payed for it fully on the 4th of July, It is now 27th and I am awaiting refund. That is alot more than "14 days.". It's in fact 23 days since I payed for an "available now" product and have not received either the product or a reasonable date of delivery.
Oh im sorry, i had no idea it was 23 whole days; Which, in Canada, probably seemed like a lifetime . . ay. .

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0