BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-05-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
agustin.grillo
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d e82

Swapping halogen headlights for xenon angel eyes?

Hey was wondering if i could buy any pair of headlights from any e82 to swap out my halogen lights for angel eyes? Will it just plug in a fit like the stock ones?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #2
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin.grillo View Post
Hey was wondering if i could buy any pair of headlights from any e82 to swap out my halogen lights for angel eyes? Will it just plug in a fit like the stock ones?
There are adaptive and non-adaptive xenons, you will likely need some coding to tell the car that it has the xenons now instead of the halogens. If you get a set of adaptive xenons, you will also need the sensors to make them "adapt" correctly. I would recommend non-adaptive for swapping from halogens, if you can find them.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
agustin.grillo
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRTSB1M View Post
Quote:
There are adaptive and non-adaptive xenons, you will likely need some coding to tell the car that it has the xenons now instead of the halogens. If you get a set of adaptive xenons, you will also need the sensors to make them "adapt" correctly. I would recommend non-adaptive for swapping from halogens, if you can find them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRTSB1M View Post
Quote:
Sweet okay! Where would i need to do the coding at BMW or is there a way to do it myself. I was thinking pf going non adaptive for that very reason. Are all the connections the same though? Is it a simple take out halogen and connect the new headlights?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #4
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

I do not know if the electrical connectors are the same, you should do some image searches on google and look at drawings and part numbers from www.realoem.com

Everything you need for coding should be here: https://www.bimmergeeks.net/
Appreciate 0