BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #133
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

I'm sooooo exited!! thanks guys for all the infos, pics and vids.. supposed to get my AW in april or may.. I think it's gonna be may... and now I think that front wheel gap doesn't look to bad.. ))
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #134
animah
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Hi everybody! I was at the Geneva show this afternoon, the car is gorgeous! It was difficult to take a quiet and close look on it, because there was way too much peoples around the car! This car brings a lot of attention!

The cons, I am a bit disappointed because I saw that the side vents on the rear bumper are fake?!? There was a dark plastic closing the gap...! Is it what we should expect on the production car??? Already a topics on that on the forum?

The big surprise for me was the rims, God I love those rims with this crazy offset! This car and those rims are so f****ing sculptural. Like a mean beast under anabolic! For the rest everything else have already been said on this forum. And of course this car gave me goosebumps! And now I look forward for a more intimate first encounter with my VO!

FYI

I talked to a Q&A host man, he said the car will go through 2012. but I don't know how reliable this info could be.
And I also talked to a seller who told me that, so far, in Switzerland they have sold around/more than 80% of the 150 cars allocated in Switzerland for 2011.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #135
skyphab
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: MK5 GTI --> Cayman R (skip 1M)

As I see you got the same impression as I did!
That the rear bumper "outtakes" are closed, well I guess they have to be. I was wondering too, but I think there is no way you could cut a piece out of the rear bumper just behind the rear wheels. Drive over gravel and you'll stone the car behind you. But it'll be difficult to keep that things clean there!

The rims and the brakes, well. I knew that they're big and I saw it on pictures, but jesus are they big in person. First I took a look in the front and later in the back and just "wow"-smiled. That rims and large brakes in the back look absolutely stunning!! I took my colleagues three times to the 1M and they loved it, too.

Nice to hear you'll get a VO one. I'll take a trip to Munich next week to see it in person in VO. Then I'll decide between AW and VO. But VO is already on my order, I hope my heart says yes!

Pleeeease say yes!!
      03-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #136
animah
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I agree real outtakes could make the rear bumper always dirty. And I think maybe you got the point that could be troublesome for the followers, dust, sand, water or gravel directly projected could be a problem. But I will never do a cut even if don't love that.

Maybe I should do as you go once again or in Munich to have a more private and quiet close look on that car.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #137
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

I've seen quite a few pics from Geneva so far, but not those. At least, I haven't noticed them on this forum, so it could be interesting for you guys, as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #138
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Why no LED AE rings, why, why...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #139
A152257
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

please remove the plastics
Appreciate 0