BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #67
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsteevo View Post
Awesome yep, unplugged the battery in the back for about 30ish minutes, flashed "back to stock" and then to stage 1+... now i need a 10psi spring.. the 8 doesnt do it and it cant handle the 14psi. In short, THANK YOU! and for the quick response. Superb community

Even tho the plug looked off it was still connecting, protip to all: take your time. cheers
What spring are you talking about? I'm running MHD Stage 2+ and have stock wastegate. No issues with boost leak AFAIK. Certainly pulls hard, especially in 3rd as I boost limit to 16psi in 2nd and 20psi in 3rd.

B
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #68
bmwsteevo
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedliver View Post
What spring are you talking about? I'm running MHD Stage 2+ and have stock wastegate. No issues with boost leak AFAIK. Certainly pulls hard, especially in 3rd as I boost limit to 16psi in 2nd and 20psi in 3rd.

B
The charge pipe and blow off valve set that I got came with an 8 PSI and 14 PSI spring. I'm running the stage 1+ via mhd, just making the tweaks lol and selling ha
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #69
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

Quote:
Awesome yep, unplugged the battery in the back for about 30ish minutes, flashed "back to stock" and then to stage 1+... now i need a 10psi spring.. the 8 doesnt do it and it cant handle the 14psi. In short, THANK YOU! and for the quick response. Superb community

Even tho the plug looked off it was still connecting, protip to all: take your time. cheers
Guys i feel so nauseated, upset, hopeless.

I did everything per the instructions.

1- said communictoting with DME
2- said failed to write

Car wont start

tried again- says cant communicate with ECU

car starts, runs for a few seconds and shuts off.

I disconnected battery, came inside to research , I just want to get my money back and have my car running again.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #70
Herakles
Captain
Rep

Quote:

THank God i saw this post- i disconnected battery for 30 minutes and the car started up fine. i didnt do any other "flashing" crap

Im not messing with this anymore trying to find out how to get refund and walk away
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #71
bmwsteevo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
THank God i saw this post- i disconnected battery for 30 minutes and the car started up fine. i didnt do any other "flashing" crap

Im not messing with this anymore trying to find out how to get refund and walk away
after the 30min to 1 hour battery disconnect, you will have to flash back to stock. there's an option in the app
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #72
bmwsteevo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Guys i feel so nauseated, upset, hopeless.

I did everything per the instructions.

1- said communictoting with DME
2- said failed to write

Car wont start

tried again- says cant communicate with ECU

car starts, runs for a few seconds and shuts off.

I disconnected battery, came inside to research , I just want to get my money back and have my car running again.
check my last post. the brain needs to rest and reset, go to the flash option, flash to stock. hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #73
Herakles
Captain
Rep

Quote:
check my last post. the brain needs to rest and reset, go to the flash option, flash to stock. hope this helps
Hey Steevo, so after the reset, she started right up! Didnt even have to flash. Winder what happened.

It was literally under 5 minutes both attempts- "cooumicating to DME" then to "failed to write"...

My cables are top notch ($40 bucks) from the places recommended in the instructions.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #74
Jmontans
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M 6MT

Guys I'm losing hope with my car... no matter what I do, the car will not start.

I initially fished Stage 1+ with no issues, drove the car around for 10-20min and decided I wanted to add a burble. I pulled into a parking lot, flashed the burble tune but my impatient-ass didn't put the car in the 'ON' position. Flash failed, car started dinging, wipers turned on, I turned off the ignition and immediately flashed back to stock. After all was complete w/o any errors, I went to try and start my car and nothing happened. Everything turns on as it would (radio, gauges, fuel pump) but no starter. In desperation, I bump started the car down a slight hill and it fired up and ran without a problem - you would never be able to tell the car had a problem - no warning lights or anything. Got home and scanned the DME with no codes.

After scanning for codes, I unplugged the battery for 1.5hrs. Reconnected the battery with a charger on in front and flashed map 0 - still nothing.
My battery had black window so I figured id try a new battery - still nothing.
With the battery still connected, I put the charger on the engine bay terminal and went in for lunch (30min). Came out, reflashed map 0 - still no start.

I have Dcan cables from Justin @ Twisted Tuning and an OTG cable from StarTech. Flashing from a Galaxy S6 in Airplane mode the entire time.

Is it possible my starter took a crap at the exact time my tune failed? If thats the case, I better go play the lottery....

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #75
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

You have an impartial write of a map because your battery couldnt keep x amount of volts.

You stuffed up by not having ignition on.

Now you have a battery re-do a flash.

It will take 40 minutes as you have a failed flash.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #76
Jmontans
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
You have an impartial write of a map because your battery couldnt keep x amount of volts.

You stuffed up by not having ignition on.

Now you have a battery re-do a flash.

It will take 40 minutes as you have a failed flash.
Turns out it is the starter. Got lucky and was able to start the car 2 random times this weekend. First time I got it started I drove around without issues, got home and flashed stage 1. 15-20 tries on the push start later and it fired up normally.

Stage 1+ is addicting, I can only imagine stage 2+...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #77
Jmontans
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Guys, just thought I'd add my 2 cents because my issue literally started right after I tuned my car with MHD. - even though MHD WASN'T the cause...

The starter power cable that runs from the passenger side power terminal broke inside the connector INSIDE the red shrink wrap. It wasn't until I was reinstalling my new starter that I realized the cables were completely corroded and loose inside the connector. HOLDING THE CABLE TO THE POWER TERMINAL WONT WORK. Get a new connector, re-crimp, solder if possible and heat shrink. I attached some pics to help visualize.

Hope this saves someone $450+ and countless hours of labour and troubleshooting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0