BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #45
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Nice car at a great price. Few years ago I couldn't sell my E46 b/c it had a manual tranny. Keep pushing the sale, signs in the windows & park it near a Canadian Tire on Saturday. Kijiji and even C/L. Many woman would love this car; try parking it near a Running Room on a Wednesday night or very early Sunday morning. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #46
spray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

Haha, be nice!

I actually liked the auto tranny with the alpina flash.

Thanks though, just seems weird. I've never had an issue selling cars..just serious low demand for these it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Nice car at a great price. Few years ago I couldn't sell my E46 b/c it had a manual tranny. Keep pushing the sale, signs in the windows & park it near a Canadian Tire on Saturday. Kijiji and even C/L. Many woman would love this car; try parking it near a Running Room on a Wednesday night or very early Sunday morning. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #47
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

I think the combo of 100K kms and auto tranny have seriously limited your potential buyers. 100K kms is a big psychological barrier for buyers of premium used cars.

If it hasn't sold yet here, time to post elsewhere. Trader and Kijiji... but my best luck has always come from parking at high viz location during the day with sign in the window. This kind of car needs to be seen in person to appreciate.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #48
spray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

Yeah you're probably right. It's on both kijiji/trader already.

The automatic transmission is actually very, very good with the alpina flash. I also think it's priced extremely competitively.

Oh well, as long as it's not selling it the more time I get to keep driving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er View Post
I think the combo of 100K kms and auto tranny have seriously limited your potential buyers. 100K kms is a big psychological barrier for buyers of premium used cars.

If it hasn't sold yet here, time to post elsewhere. Trader and Kijiji... but my best luck has always come from parking at high viz location during the day with sign in the window. This kind of car needs to be seen in person to appreciate.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0