BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #67
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Ok so I lied haha THIS will actually be my last post for a while.

Borla livery is gone and TMS is back to blue and yellow for PWC
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #68
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Did you miss the Roar by the Shore?
http://www.world-challengetv.com/2015/#/races/1273
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #69
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Onboard at Barber Motorsports Park from round 6

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #70
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
http://www.world-challengetv.com/2015/#/races/1273
Don't even waste your time watching that race. It was an embarrassment to racing, complete sh*t show.

Barber was an excellent race.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #71
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
http://www.world-challengetv.com/2015/#/races/1273" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.world-cha...races/1273</a>
Don't even waster you time wathcing that race. It was an embarrassment to racing, complete sh*t show.
That's a shame. I was on a trip and missed a bunch of races including that one...thanks for the heads-up. I'll skip round 5 and just go right to Six
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #72
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Next Stop: CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK

DATE OF EVENT: Friday, May 15 - Sunday, May 17
ROUND(S): GT/GTA/GT Cup: Rounds 8 & 9; GTS: Rounds 7 & 8; TC/TCA/TCB: Rounds 4, 5, & 6

BROADCAST: On CBS Sports Network Sunday, May 24, 5 PM: GT/GTA, GT Cup presented by MOMO, GTS. Wednesday, May 27, 7 PM: TC, TCA, TCB. All times listed Eastern. Times and dates subject to change.

"May 15-17 all classes head north of the border to run at the challenging high speed Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, in Bowmanville, ON co-headlining with the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series as part of the Victoria Day Speedfest."

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #73
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Over 90 Drivers Ready for Showdown at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

May 12 2015 by PWC Staff

BOWMANVILLE, ON - The Pirelli World Challenge's GT/GTA, GT Cup presented by MOMO, GTS and TC/TCA/TCB classes, head north of the border May 15-17 to one of North America's venerable road courses, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). Over 90 drivers across the series' seven classes will compete in the Remo Ferri Group Canadian Grand Prix presented by Replay XD, part of the Victoria Day SpeedFest weekend. GT, GTA and GT Cup drivers will compete in Rounds 8 and 9 of the championships, while GTS competitors will race Rounds 7 and 8. TC, TCA and TCB competitors will compete in Rounds 4, 5 and 6.
This visit marks the second consecutive season Pirelli World Challenge TC, TCA and TCB competitors will race at CTMP. The series' GT and GTS classes make their first visit to CTMP since last racing at the track in 2012. With 2015 also being the inaugural season for GT Cup, this is the first time the class will compete at CTMP.

A number of former series CTMP winners including Mike Skeen, Mark Wilkins, Ernie Francis Jr., Nate Stacy, and Jason Wolfe are entered and look to get back on the top step this coming weekend.

Read the rest here: http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...port-park.html
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #74
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

TURNER BMW Z4 GT3s SCORE MULTIPLE TOP-10 FINISHES AT CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORTS PARK

Amesbury, MA. – May 18th, 2015 – The Pirelli World Challenge program of Turner Motorsport traveled north of the border to Bowmanville, Ontario for rounds eight and nine of the 2015 World Challenge season at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.

Both Turner Motorsport drivers Bret Curtis and Bill Ziegler captured valuable Championship points on the 10-turn, 2.459-mile circuit most well known for its high speed sweeping turns and long back straight. Both the No. 32 BMW of Curtis and the No. 95 BMW of Ziegler achieved strong top-10 results.

Bret Curtis entered rounds seven and eight with strong momentum from his impressive second place finish at Barber Motorsports Park in round six.

In Saturday’s fifty-minute sprint race, Bret Curtis took the green flag from the ninth position in the GT-A class while the No. 95 of Bill Ziegler started from eleventh. The No. 32 of Curtis pushed to battle the fierce competition ultimately finishing P9 after shuffling through traffic while the No. 95 BMW of Ziegler was able to make up a position to finish tenth.

“This track is a blast to drive, the high speed sweeping corners really allow the Swisher Racing BMW Z4 GT3 to do what it’s intended but the long straight seems to favor the higher horsepower machines,” said Bill Ziegler. “It is definitely a challenge to adapt to the high down force nature of this platform, especially at a track like this.”

In Sunday’s fifty-minute sprint, Bret Curtis yet again made a hard charge toward the front of the GT-A class in the No. 32 Turner BMW Z4 to finish P9 for his second top-ten finish of the weekend. Bill Ziegler, in the sister No. 95 BMW Z4 had contact with another car at the start and was forced to retire.

“Canadian Tire Motorsports Park is an extremely challenging circuit. You really have to push the limits of the car and driver to nail down strong lap times,” said Bret Curtis. “The car felt amazing back at Barber and I was hoping to carry some of that momentum and performance into rounds seven and eight here at CTMP but we seemed to lack the top speed of the competition. I look forward to the street course of Detroit in a couple weeks.”

With rounds seven and eight in the books, the No. 32 sits seventh in the Championship season points standings while the No. 95 sits just four positions back in thirteenth.

Stay tuned as the Pirelli World Challenge heads to the streets of Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan on May 30th and 31st.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #75
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Next Stop

Pirelli World Challenge teams return to the Motor City to race on the streets of Belle Isle.

DATE OF EVENT: Friday, May 29 - Sunday, May 31
ROUND(S): GT/GTA: Rounds 10 & 11

BROADCAST: CBS Sports Network (Live) Sunday, May 31, 12 Noon: GT/GTA. All times listed Eastern.
LIVE STREAM www.world-challengetv.com
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #76
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Estre Fastest in First Practice at Detroit's Belle Isle

DETROIT, Mich. - Kevin Estre, of Lochau, Austria was fastest in the first practice session at Belle Isle, and the Cadillac V-Series Challenge presented by the Metro Detroit Cadillac dealers.
Twenty-seven drivers took to the damp 13-turn, 2.3-mile temporary street course for the 30-minute session - rain had fallen earlier in the morning.

Early in the session, JD Davison, of St. Petersburg, FL , in the No. 33 AE/ReplayXD/NISSAN NISMO GT-R GT3 Nissan GT-R-GT3 was fastest with a 1:36.341. Ten minutes into the session, Davison would better his time with a 1:35.376.

At the 11-minute mark, Robert Thorne, of Littleton, Colo., in the No. 6 K-PAX Racing McLaren 650S GT3 went to the top with 1:34.026, followed by Johnny O'Connell, of Flowery Branch, GA, in the No. 3 Cadillac Racing Cadillac ATS-VR GT3 with a 1:34.527.

At the 15-minute mark, Davison, would again jump into the P1 position with a 1:33.593. Shortly after that at the 17-minute mark, Renger van der Zande, of Nijmegen, The
Netherlands , in the No. 31 EFFORT Racing/World PMO Porsche 911 GT3R eclipsed Davison time with a 1:33.103.

At the 20-minute mark, O'Connell would go to the top with a 1:32.895. On the next lap he went quicker with a 1:32.401

At the 25-minute mark Estre would set the fastest time of the session with a 1:31.945. GT drivers' points leader coming into the weekend Olivier Beretta of Monte Carlo, Monaco, in the No. 61 Ferrari Ontario/Toronto/Alberta/ Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia was second with a 1:32.075. Davison's set the third fastest time of the session with a 1:32.122.

Henrique Cisneros, of Miami, FL, in the No. 30 MOMO NGT Motorsport Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia was fastest in GTA with a 132.490, sixth fastest overall in the session.

Of note, James Sofronas, of Pound Ridge, N.Y. will not race at Detroit due to a shop injury suffered this past weekend.

Thorne Fastest in Shortened Second Practice at Detroit's Belle Isle

DETROIT, Mich. - Robert Thorne, of Littleton, Colo., was fastest in a shortened second practice session at Detroit's Belle Isle and the Cadillac V-Series Challenge presented by the Metro Detroit Cadillac dealers.
Twenty-five of the entered 27 drivers for Rounds 10 and 11 of the GT/GTA Championships took to the 13-turn, 2.3-mile temporary street course for the scheduled 30-minute session - weather was overcast and 78 degrees.

Very early in the session, Thorne, in the No. 6 K-PAX Racing McLaren 650S GT3 set the pace with a 1:32.114, with Nicky Catsburg, of Voorthuizen, Netherlands , in the No. 25 Blancpain Racing Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 FL2 second with a 1:32.153, and Peter Cunningham, of Milwaukee, Wis., in the No. 42 RealTime/Acura Motorsports/HPD Acura TLX-GT in third with a 1:32.271.

Shortly after Thorne set the early fast lap, a full-course yellow occurred with the No. 20 Bentley/Breitling/Mobil 1 Bentley Continental GT3 of Butch Leitzinger, of Rebersburg, Pa. off in turn 13. The removal of the No. 20 car took up the balance of time left in the session. Leitzinger was not injured in the incident.

Bryan Heitkotter, of Fresno, Calif., in the No. 05 Nissan GT Academy GT-R Nissan GT-R GT3 recorded the fastest lap in GTA with a 1:33.106.

Drivers and teams now prepare for Saturday morning's Round 10 qualifying session scheduled for 7:30 am
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 07:01 PM   #77
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BRET CURTIS WITH IMPRESSIVE DRIVE TO THE SECOND PLACE IN DETROIT GRAND PRIX.

Detroit, MI.-- May, 30th, 2015 –- The Turner BMW Z4 GT3 of Bret Curtis finishes second in an exciting fight to the finish line today in Round 10 at Detroit's Belle Isle and the Cadillac V-Series Challenge presented by the Metro Detroit Cadillac dealers.

The 50-minute race began with a rolling start on the 2.36 mile 14-turn street course as Bret Curtis had a strong start moving up seven positions in just the first lap, earning the Optima Batteries Best Start Award.

Curtis continued to charge ahead in his No. 32 Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 and by lap five, he was just 1.019 seconds behind the leader of GTA. As the 50-minute race wore on, Curtis fell back to third only to battle back and reclaim second position with several laps to spare.

In the final laps, Cutis was able to defend his position holding off the No. 22 Aston Martin to cross the line and take the checkered flag for his second podium of the season.

“Today was a lot of fun,” commented Bret Curtis. “The car was set up very well allowing me to push to make up several positions in the opening lap. From there I had some great battles for position and ultimately I was able to hold off the Aston to take second at the finish line. Christina (Nielsen) did a great job keeping the pressure on.”

Curtis added, “I’m really looking forward to rain tomorrow, I think it is our best shot to charge through the field again with our relative lower straight line speed.”

“It was a lot of fun to see Bret [Curtis] charge up to the front of the GTA field,” said Will Turner. “He has been working hard all weekend and it really showed in today’s race. I am really looking forward to tomorrow’s race to see if we can jump up one position on the podium.”

Bill Ziegler, in the No. 95 Swisher Racing BMW finished P9 in today’s 50-minute sprint after battling for several positions following the rolling start. Ziegler pushed, able to find his rhythm in the closing laps of the race.

“I felt confident behind the wheel of the No. 95 BMW today,” said Bill Ziegler “We worked hard in practice yesterday allowing me to show a huge improvement in this morning’s qualifying session. I’m hoping I can take what I learned today and use it in tomorrow’s race”

Round 11 of the Pirelli World Challenge will take the green flag tomorrow at 12:00pm ET on the streets of Belle Isle, Detroit. Tune in LIVE to CBS Sports Network to catch the No. 32 and No. 95 Turner BMWs in action.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #78
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #79
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

...wrong spot...

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-05-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #80
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Denver, Colo. - WC Vision announced today Round 11 of the GT/GTA Championships has been rescheduled for Friday, June 26 at Road America. The DeVilbiss Elkhart Lake Grand Prix presented by Cadillac weekend will now feature three GT/GTA races June 26-28th and Rounds 11, 12 and 13. The weekend will also feature GT Cup Rounds 10 and 11, GTS Rounds 9 and 10 and TC/TCA/TCB Rounds 7, 8, and 9.
Round 11 was originally scheduled for this past Sunday May 31 at Detroit's Belle Isle but the race was cancelled due to inclement weather and reduced track visibility and the overall focus on the safety of series drivers, teams and Detroit Grand Prix course workers.

Ninety-one drivers across the series' seven classes will pilot platforms from over 20 auto manufacturers at the Road America weekend.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #81
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

USA Broadcast: On CBS Sports Network
Sunday, July 5, 2 PM: GT/GTA, GT Cup presented by MOMO.
Wednesday, July 8, 7 PM: TC, TCA, TCB.
Wednesday, July 8, 9 PM: GTS.

All times listed Eastern.

Live Stream WWW.WORLD-CHALLENGETV.COM
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #82
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

McLaren looks strong in Quali. I pick them to take at least one race this weekend.