BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2023, 11:28 PM   #1
SchwarzN52
Rep
Drives: 2013 Schwarz 128i M-Sport

delete

the stock headunit itself turns on/off normally but absolutely no sound from anywhere.

If i hit the steering wheel button to make a call the call goes through as it should but no sound at all.

I can toggle through the radio menu and all perfectly fine but no sound what so ever.

Any thoughts? I totally wasnt expecting this issue to come up and there is a buncha other things I wanted to fix before upgrading/touching the radio.

Last edited by SchwarzN52; 06-19-2023 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: problem solved
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 07:55 PM   #2
SchwarzN52
Rep
Drives: 2013 Schwarz 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzN52 View Post
the stock headunit itself turns on/off normally but absolutely no sound from anywhere.

If i hit the steering wheel button to make a call the call goes through as it should but no sound at all.

I can toggle through the radio menu and all perfectly fine but no sound what so ever.

Any thoughts? I totally wasnt expecting this issue to come up and there is a buncha other things I wanted to fix before upgrading/touching the radio.
Took the car in for recalls, Had the dealer check it out for me and they said the amp is blown. Any suggestion on a replacement amp? I found a few replacement that are plug and play but aftermarket(expensive) 1k range. I have found used units for $200 obo. Thoughts?

Update: got a used amp from ebay hooked it up and still no sound. Did i just waste $240 asking the dealer to diagnose it for me? : /

Last edited by SchwarzN52; 04-27-2023 at 10:13 PM..
Appreciate 0