BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #89
Prodigy.
Major
Prodigy.'s Avatar
Australia
558
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: ///M2
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Looks great DemonEye, So are the V710's available in 19 x 9.5 with an ET50? Website states only up to ET45. I'm assuming ET50 would be the best option for our 1ers on the rear.

Also which is the most concave out of the V710's, V718's and VB3's?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #90
DemonEye
Private First Class
DemonEye's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe ESS VT2-625
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [0.00]
2012 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy 72 View Post
Looks great DemonEye, So are the V710's available in 19 x 9.5 with an ET50? Website states only up to ET45. I'm assuming ET50 would be the best option for our 1ers on the rear.

Also which is the most concave out of the V710's, V718's and VB3's?
Thanks! Mod bargains . com shows the 18x9.5 rears as et50. That's where I got them. I also talked with VMR about them and they didn't correct me when I asked for et50 rears.

Just realized you asked about 19"... not sure on that.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #91
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonEye View Post
New wheels and tires are on. 2010 135i black sapphire metallic.

VMR V710 18” hyper silver wheels
18x8.5 ET45 with 235-40-18 Hankook Ventus V12
18x9.5 ET50 with 265-35-18 Hankook Ventus V12








I really need to pressure wash my house haha.
Wow! Did you roll the rears at all? Any rubbing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy 72 View Post
Looks great DemonEye, So are the V710's available in 19 x 9.5 with an ET50? Website states only up to ET45. I'm assuming ET50 would be the best option for our 1ers on the rear.

Also which is the most concave out of the V710's, V718's and VB3's?
The V710, V701, and V718 in 18" sizing come in an ET50 rear, along with V710s and V701s in 19" sizing. As far as most concave, the V710 and V718 share the same face, so the concavity between them is identical. The VB3 has straighter spokes, so the concavity is just different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonEye View Post
Thanks! Mod bargains . com shows the 18x9.5 rears as et50. That's where I got them. I also talked with VMR about them and they didn't correct me when I asked for et50 rears.

Just realized you asked about 19"... not sure on that.
We offer both 18s and 19s in ET50.
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #92
bens03tib
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: El Paso, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post


Im interested in the VMRs on this red 135i. Are those 710's or are they VB3s? will they fit the stock tires of 215/40 R 18 and rear 245/35 R 18? And is the color hyper silver?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #93
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bens03tib View Post
Im interested in the VMRs on this red 135i. Are those 710's or are they VB3s? will they fit the stock tires of 215/40 R 18 and rear 245/35 R 18? And is the color hyper silver?
Those are our VB3/V703s in hyper black. They will accept the factory tire sizes, although they are going to be a little stretched. The wheels are the maximum approved rim width range for those sizes.
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #94
worries
Private
2
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i Jet Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Hyper Silver V701
18x8.5 et45 215/40/18 (stock run-flats) + 5mm spacer
18x9.5 et50 245/35/18 (stock run-flats) + 3mm spacer

ST Coilovers
-1.2 front camber
-1.7 rear camber

Apex 90mm Stud Conversion Kit

No rubbing at all, and fenders are not rolled/pulled. I'm probably going lower since it's not rubbing.







Update(11/18/13):

I decided to go more aggressive with the spacing. Now running 5mm in rear and 12mm in front. The rear is at the max it can go without rubbing on non rolled/pulled fenders. The front is also at the max it can go without rubbing. The tire does poke out a little, I might go with 10mm to be more flush in the future.




Last edited by worries; 11-19-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #95
ULOOKN
Private First Class
ULOOKN's Avatar
6
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: Carbon Black 125i M Sport Plus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

18" v701 galaxy black.
Dropped on kw v2
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #96
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by worries View Post
Hyper Silver V701
18x8.5 et45 215/40/18 (stock run-flats) + 5mm spacer
18x9.5 et50 245/35/18 (stock run-flats) + 3mm spacer

ST Coilovers
-1.2 front camber
-1.7 rear camber

Apex 90mm Stud Conversion Kit

No rubbing at all, and fenders are not rolled/pulled. I'm probably going lower since it's not rubbing.





Very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULOOKN View Post
18" v701 galaxy black.
Dropped on kw v2
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #97
135iDCTFan
New Member
135iDCTFan's Avatar
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i DCT Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Those are our VB3/V703s in hyper black. They will accept the factory tire sizes, although they are going to be a little stretched. The wheels are the maximum approved rim width range for those sizes.
Heard anyone having rubbing issues with Michelin A/S 3's 255/35 18" with the VB3's 45ET in the rears?? I'm thinking of replacing stock rims and RFT's with these (all year round in Chicago use w/ stock suspension fyi), but I heard the Michelin's run wider than say DWS's in the same sizes (225/255). I think I will enjoy the performance boost of the A/S 3's vs DWS, but I am not 100% certain on that either (doubt I will ever track the car). I also have 3 adult passengers in the car regularly since it is my all year daily commuter (absent huge snow storms). So while I love the VB3's, I think it might be safer (unless told otherwise) to go with a ET50 710's.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #98
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
2088
Rep
4,040
Posts

Drives: Walking Everywhere
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone run V710s on the stock 135i tire size? 215/245

How does it look and does the wheel fit perfect or does the wheel stick out with the tire not fully sitting flush with the tire?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #99
worries
Private
2
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i Jet Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Does anyone run V710s on the stock 135i tire size? 215/245

How does it look and does the wheel fit perfect or does the wheel stick out with the tire not fully sitting flush with the tire?
3 posts up before this one you can see V701's pretty clearly with the stock 135i tires. They aren't V710's but you can at least see how much they stretch.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #100
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iDCTFan View Post
Heard anyone having rubbing issues with Michelin A/S 3's 255/35 18" with the VB3's 45ET in the rears?? I'm thinking of replacing stock rims and RFT's with these (all year round in Chicago use w/ stock suspension fyi), but I heard the Michelin's run wider than say DWS's in the same sizes (225/255). I think I will enjoy the performance boost of the A/S 3's vs DWS, but I am not 100% certain on that either (doubt I will ever track the car). I also have 3 adult passengers in the car regularly since it is my all year daily commuter (absent huge snow storms). So while I love the VB3's, I think it might be safer (unless told otherwise) to go with a ET50 710's.
If you're planning on running a 255 rear tire, don't want to roll the fenders, take passengers often, and don't want any rubbing, ET50 rear is a more ideal size for you. I think the VB3s would rub in your case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Does anyone run V710s on the stock 135i tire size? 215/245

How does it look and does the wheel fit perfect or does the wheel stick out with the tire not fully sitting flush with the tire?
Worries just posted up his car with some V701s in the same sizing, with stock tires, so you can see for reference. The outer position of the wheel, and the way the tires fit on the wheel, will be the same between the V701 and V710.
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #101
josemh23
Private First Class
josemh23's Avatar
Puerto Rico
9
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PR

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Gunmetal, 18.. Et 45
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #102
EVL1
Second Lieutenant
20
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: VTT 135 & Boosted E46
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pawcatuck, CT

iTrader: (0)

I have VMR Vb3s that I took off my e46. At stock ride height there is no rubbing at all. On coilovers, rolling the fenders and some pull is a must

18x8.5 et40 Ventus V12 235/40
18x9.5 et45 Ventus V12 255/35
I can definitely go wider in the rear now too but I chose to stay with 255s.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #103
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemh23 View Post
Gunmetal, 18.. Et 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Snow View Post
I have VMR Vb3s that I took off my e46. At stock ride height there is no rubbing at all. On coilovers, rolling the fenders and some pull is a must

18x8.5 et40 Ventus V12 235/40
18x9.5 et45 Ventus V12 255/35
I can definitely go wider in the rear now too but I chose to stay with 255s.
Wow! Your wheel and tire setup looks aggressive, but in a good way. I like it!
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #104
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
V718s and Flow-Formed V810s



__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #105
Mountain135
Private First Class
5
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2008 135 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Why no 58mm or 62mm from VMR?

VMR wheels look great and are priced right, but don't offer a rear offset that would allow a 275 or 285 tire, at least not without fender work. I believe I'll need to go with Forgeline or Apex to get the offset I need.
__________________
2008 135i- Sparkling Graphite-Steptronic
ESS Stage 3 Flash-BMS Dual Cones-Helix Intercooler-AR Design Catless Downpipe-Berk DP Back Full Street Exhaust-AR Design Oil Cooler-AR Design Catch Can-OS Giken LSD-Bilstein B12 Kit-Whiteline rear sub-frame bushing inserts. 225-255 Direzza Z2.

Last edited by Mountain135; 01-07-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #106
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain135 View Post
VMR wheels look great and are priced right, but don't offer a rear offset that would allow a 275 or 285 tire, at least not without fender work. I believe I'll need to go with Forgeline or Apex to get the offset I need.
Our new V702s and V810s are offered in 18/19x9.5 with a 57 and 58MM offset
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #107
Nugget
Colonel
Nugget's Avatar
Australia
203
Rep
2,269
Posts

Drives: 2017 M140i, 1994 M3, 1997 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Our new V702s and V810s are offered in 18/19x9.5 with a 57 and 58MM offset
Any pics of the v702s on 1 series?
I saw the pic of them on a F30 and thought they looked good.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #108
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1510
Rep
25,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Any pics of the v702s on 1 series?
I saw the pic of them on a F30 and thought they looked good.
Coming soon

The first set of V702s for a 1-series is set to arrive to our customer today.
__________________
email: brandon@velocitymotoring.com (p) 714-442-7916 x108
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #109
Mountain135
Private First Class
5
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2008 135 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Our new V702s and V810s are offered in 18/19x9.5 with a 57 and 58MM offset.


Thanks VMR!
__________________
2008 135i- Sparkling Graphite-Steptronic
ESS Stage 3 Flash-BMS Dual Cones-Helix Intercooler-AR Design Catless Downpipe-Berk DP Back Full Street Exhaust-AR Design Oil Cooler-AR Design Catch Can-OS Giken LSD-Bilstein B12 Kit-Whiteline rear sub-frame bushing inserts. 225-255 Direzza Z2.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #110
Greg FEightytwo
Major
Greg FEightytwo's Avatar
1026
Rep
1,078
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (2)

Curious if anyone has done the M3 control arms 1.5 drop springs with 19s et 45 front et 50 rear V710s... I'm getting a bit of rubbing on the fronts due to caster after installing m3 front control arms.. I am running the s drive yokohama's 225/35 front and 255/30 rear.. The rubbing is coming from the fender and front bumper where they meet near the turn signal on the light.. Fenders are rolled and pulled.

I'm wondering if there is as shorter shoulder tire that might provide just an 1/8 of an inch to clear this area rubbing..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST