BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Tcots
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

F40 1 Series hatchback information from motori.news

Here first information, renderings and specs:

https://www.motori.news/nuova-bmw-se...deo-29163.html

Translated:

https://translate.google.com/transla...deo-29163.html

Quote:
The new version of the BMW 1 Series will officially arrive at the next Geneva Motor Show . The compact two-volume medium-sized version will thus reach its third edition. The new BMW 1 Series 2019 will have to compete with cars like the new Audi A3 2019 and the new Mercedes A-Class . We present some screenshots of the rendering as well as the specialized German Auto Bild newspaper, which we attach to the link:

The new BMW 1 Series will grow slightly in size up to an indicative length of 435-437 cm . The pace will increase by a few cm in order to improve internal habitability. The load capacity will also be improved from the current 335 liters to around 370-380 liters . Among the main novelties there will be the farewell to the rear wheel drive. The new BMW 1 Series will adopt front-wheel drive , while some versions could also be offered with the four-wheel drive xDrive. Another important innovation concerns the digital internal instrumentation . As was the case for the new BMW 3 Series , even the smallest 1 Series could have this feature on all versions.

Downsizing of thrusters. Goodbye to 6 cylinders in line of the M140i version, too long for the new platform. In its place will come a very powerful 4-cylinder turbo. For the versions of attack we expect the 1.5 three-cylinder both petrol and diesel, already present on the current version, and appropriately evolved for the new model. The attack versions should have between 105-110 CVs. Then you will climb cavalry with the 2.0-liter turbo . There should be an "intermediate" sport version as it is for the Mercedes A-Class (with the A 35 AMG ) and for the Audi A3 (with the S3). Under the hood the 2.0 evolved to about 280-300 hp . For the more powerful version it is assumed an engine with about 410 hp. Both "peppery" settings will be all-wheel drive.

The hybrid versions will also be available for the first time. Almost certain the 125 x and 225 bhp already present on the Series 2 Active Tourer and on the Mini Countryman. Furthermore, micro hybrid versions could be proposed in order to improve the efficiency of the engines already in use. How to change there will be the 6-speed manual and the 8-speed automatic . The attack price of the new BMW 1 Series should stand at € 25,500. Deliveries from the summer of 2019.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

The article appears to be comprised mainly of speculation and already known information that can be found on the internet (including here at BimmerPost).

This assumption, for example, is not valid:

Quote:
For the more powerful version it is assumed an engine with about 410 hp.
The top of the line model will be the M135i xDrive with ~300hp.
Appreciate 1
Weiman81.50

12-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
mbanck
Rep
Drives: Skoda Karoq

Note that the german video that they include nowhere talks about 410 hp, they also say 306 hp (but mention a PHEV with 340 ps). It also claims a fully-electric version with 250 hp is coming.
Appreciate 0