BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
lambammm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i montego/coral

Question Some general questions

09 Montego blue 135i finally made it to the preparation center and I'm up at 2am thinking about details.

Here are some questions:

Do I really have to wait 1200 miles before I can give it some throttle? If so, what is that break-in period like? what rpms? etc. and yes i understand it's excruciatingly long.

Is the auxiliary input standard? I got nothing in the car except leather and sport.

What real mods, if any, can one do without voiding the warranty? Exhaust? ECU? Tires? Suspension?

I have no power seats, can I still adjust the side bolsters?

Are you jealous that my car is probably newer than yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

if you're registered on the BMW website look for the .pdf file they recently posted, it's the full car manual and there is a section for break in period instructions

yes aux input is standard

ecu if you're willing to remove it before service each time, tires, suspension upgrades offered by BMW. technically, nothing should void your warranty unless it's identified as the problem source but for hassle free warranty work i'd stick to just ECU for hp mods.

yes sports package means you can adjust the side bolsters

no since mine is still en route to prep center