12-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #23
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
are u jealous? why do you care if he's getting the m5?
Thanks. S.hasan. thoses kind of remarks makes me pull this car out of this forum and sell to a stealership so they can make 10k of them. and they will be all over it.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #24
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
are you an idiot? You guys in 135s and 335s love to criticize but at the end of the day you guys can't get this car anymore. Either pay his "markup" or move on. He'll get rid of this car easily for his asking price. The rare 1Ms that are leftover are going for $5k+ over msrp.
Well said HASAN ,some people are window shoppers.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #25
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
Well said HASAN ,some people are window shoppers.
Hey im only on your side b.c i want a ride in the m5
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #26
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Quote:
are u jealous? why do you care if he's getting the m5?
I'm hardly jealous lol, it's just he trying to sell a used car and have someone pay for his taxes, AND his travel to pick up the car, get real. If he had to sell the car for hardship reasons that would be different.

Last edited by ESC OFF; 12-19-2011 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #27
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
I'm hardly jealous lol, it's just he trying to sell a used car and have someone pay for his taxes etc. if he had to sell the car for hardship reasons that would be different.
SO if you were selling a car and you could get say $50k would you sell it for $47k when you know it will sell at $50k? Would you take $3,000 out of your pocket and hand it over to someone else you don't even know?

If so can i have some $$?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #28
gotboost426
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M and 2004 M3

No 1M should sell for under 50k.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #29
Mr. Nice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp XDrive

Garage List
it's a fair price, glws
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #30
ESC OFF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboost426 View Post
No 1M should sell for under 50k.
I guess I owe my dealer some money then...
      12-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
Thanks. S.hasan. thoses kind of remarks makes me pull this car out of this forum and sell to a stealership so they can make 10k of them. and they will be all over it.
Frankly your rude reply to my sincere interest in your 1m, turned me off completely. Also I havn't seen of any used 1m's selling over orig. MSRP, and only a handfull of new 1m's have sold over MSRP. You can ask what you want, but the true market value has proved to be about MSRP for a new 1M! The person with more $$$ than sence may pay more but you gotta find that guy & he's probably not on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #32
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post
Frankly your rude reply to my sincere interest in your 1m, turned me off completely. Also I havn't seen of any used 1m's selling over orig. MSRP, and only a handfull of new 1m's have sold over MSRP. You can ask what you want, but the true market value has proved to be about MSRP for a new 1M! The person with more $$$ than sence may pay more but you gotta find that guy & he's probably not on this forum.
I wouldn't sweat it. The car will sell for what market value is. You should be able to find a used one with premium and convenience packages for a similar price...just wait it out.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #33
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. The car will sell for what market value is. You should be able to find a used one with premium and convenience packages for a similar price...just wait it out.
Thanks....no sweat here. One thing I have learned (owned over 50 cars), it's a whole lot easier to buy a car than to sell one.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
gotboost426
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M and 2004 M3

Quote:
I guess I owe my dealer some money then...
...you paid...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #35
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Idk how he replied to you and if it was rude im sorry about that. A lot of the 1M guys helped each other out when we were all looking for allocations.

BUT you have to see where the OP is coming from. He was a car with probably a loan for $XXXXX amount. It probably has taxes rolled in. so he probably does owe more than just what BMW's msrp is. & it's annoying when trying to sell a car and you get offers for $40k on a car that is worth atleast $10k more. & annoying window shoppers who just bitch about the price and thats all. Serious buyers are hard to come by on the forums. Id say 1 out of 10 people are serious buyers on these forums.

That being said the car is not available anywhere. Ive been keeping decent track of the 1M, and i personally can name 15 dealers that sold their 1Ms for $5k over atleast. Another 10 dealers that got atleast $10k over. Most dealers right now are asking 10-15k right now.

And a few 1Ms have sold used for MSRP. BUT they are so rare that it totally depends on the seller. Just like rare cars (lotus) it highly depends on the owners. Many forum guys are asking $53-$55k for a base or only Premium package 1M (which MSRP is $46k-$49k). So there is still a markup. The fully loaded guys are the ones asking $60-$65k.

I PMed a few guys i knew looking for a 1M about my 1M. 9XX miles, fully loaded w/ clear bra. I wanted $63k. to cover my taxes; etc. I had 3 people out of 10 who had no problem about the price. Only reason i didn't sell was b.c the r8 i was interested in from a local dealer was sold before i could put a deposit on it, so im keeping it.

So there are buyers out there for our prices (even on this forum). Shit i know many people on this forum paid over MSRP for there cars from the dealer but won't admit it. Sure everyone paid MSRP even now ... I have a friend at a local dealer and one of the forum members said they paid MSRP when i saw the bill of sale and it was $5k above msrp.

Also understand there are BMW DEALERSHIPS out there that will offer to buy our cars @ MSRP + you get the tax savings ($4k+ in my area) if you buy another BMW, unfortunately there isn't anything from BMW that i want.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #36
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Idk how he replied to you and if it was rude im sorry about that. A lot of the 1M guys helped each other out when we were all looking for allocations.

BUT you have to see where the OP is coming from. He was a car with probably a loan for $XXXXX amount. It probably has taxes rolled in. so he probably does owe more than just what BMW's msrp is. & it's annoying when trying to sell a car and you get offers for $40k on a car that is worth atleast $10k more. & annoying window shoppers who just bitch about the price and thats all. Serious buyers are hard to come by on the forums. Id say 1 out of 10 people are serious buyers on these forums.

That being said the car is not available anywhere. Ive been keeping decent track of the 1M, and i personally can name 15 dealers that sold their 1Ms for $5k over atleast. Another 10 dealers that got atleast $10k over. Most dealers right now are asking 10-15k right now.

And a few 1Ms have sold used for MSRP. BUT they are so rare that it totally depends on the seller. Just like rare cars (lotus) it highly depends on the owners. Many forum guys are asking $53-$55k for a base or only Premium package 1M (which MSRP is $46k-$49k). So there is still a markup. The fully loaded guys are the ones asking $60-$65k.

I PMed a few guys i knew looking for a 1M about my 1M. 9XX miles, fully loaded w/ clear bra. I wanted $63k. to cover my taxes; etc. I had 3 people out of 10 who had no problem about the price. Only reason i didn't sell was b.c the r8 i was interested in from a local dealer was sold before i could put a deposit on it, so im keeping it.

So there are buyers out there for our prices (even on this forum). Shit i know many people on this forum paid over MSRP for there cars from the dealer but won't admit it. Sure everyone paid MSRP even now ... I have a friend at a local dealer and one of the forum members said they paid MSRP when i saw the bill of sale and it was $5k above msrp.

Also understand there are BMW DEALERSHIPS out there that will offer to buy our cars @ MSRP + you get the tax savings ($4k+ in my area) if you buy another BMW, unfortunately there isn't anything from BMW that i want.

Frankly I'm not buying into the numbers you expressed. Based on a previous pole, at this forum, none reported paying over MSRP. In the resale picture the same holds true. The market will determine the value, that being the "buyer". I have no problem with any asking
price, even if unrealistic, but rude/sarcastic comments are what I object to. Back when the lotus Elise hit USA market a lot of similar hype was sterring, indeed those great cars circumed to market conditions, just like the 1m will.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #37
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Frankly I'm not buying into the numbers you expressed. Based on a previous pole, at this forum, none reported paying over MSRP. In the resale picture the same holds true. The market will determine the value, that being the "buyer". I have no problem with any asking
price, even if unrealistic, but rude/sarcastic comments are what I object to. Back when the lotus Elise hit USA market a lot of similar hype was sterring, indeed those great cars circumed to market conditions, just like the 1m will.
What numbers do you not believe? Lol i know that previous poll. But realize many people came onto this forum to find their cars and than left. Also many people do not want to admit to anyone they paid over MSRP There was many times i called a dealership after a lead was posted on this forum just to miss it by a few minutes and it was purchased by a forum member with a markup. Many of us went thru the same thing. Please don't come in here and think you know what the "true" market is. No one does. Their has only been a few sales. Dealers are asking/getting even more markup now ($10k on avg.). Dealers are even offering to buy back cars that were sold @ msrp.

also i agree that rude/sarcastic comments are wrong but than why do you come in calling our asking prices unrealistic? Who are you to judge our prices? If you don't like the price just don't say anything. Ive looked @ exotics that the seller had a crazy high price. I didn't tell him his price was way too high blah blah blah, i just didn't buy it.

Its funny b.c alot of the people that have a problem with the markups are people without the car. And this isn't an elise/lotus that has current (well not right now) production. This is one time deal. you either buy it now are play with your luck later on. Yes you might be able to get cars for cheap later on but who knows when/if. Shit I still see 03 cobras sell for $25k+, 06-07 STIs for $25k; etc. Thinking the 1M is going to depreciate like a normal 1 series is unrealistic. Even compare it to other M cars. The e46 held its value very well before the e9x m3 came out. Same with the z4m, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #38
ESC OFF
Major
Rep

You mean this great deal has not sold yet?? Hard to beleive....
      12-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #39
zed3
Long-time BMW Owner from E30 to Z3 to M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Is your call still available?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #40
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep

yes it is
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #41
viper176
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 / X5-5.0

Jawad,

Price is fair. Your only challange is that your car has no options, which is limiting the numbers of buyers who are still looking for one. But it is still 1 of 680 in the US.

You should take "RaptorKTM" advice and put it up on ebay and Cars.com

It should sell quickly.

GLWS !
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #42
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper176 View Post
Jawad,

Price is fair. Your only challange is that your car has no options, which is limiting the numbers of buyers who are still looking for one. But it is still 1 of 680 in the US.

You should take "RaptorKTM" advice and put it up on ebay and Cars.com

It should sell quickly.

GLWS !
well i want this car to go to an owner who appriciates it the way it should be appriciated. i am not in hurry to sell its sitting in my garage i will wait till the final numbers been announced plus i m not getting my m5 till june of 2012 for euro delievry.so till then no rush since i m holding a piece of bmw history.but if i needed the funds sooner i will definately opt for ebay or auto traders, i really appriciate for your advice. once again thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #43
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
You mean this great deal has not sold yet?? Hard to beleive....
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #44
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklounge View Post
haha, i love your username.
Appreciate 0