BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #309
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
738
Rep
6,158
Posts

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

iTrader: (3)

You're gonna need a widebody conversion to fit bigger rubber underneath that deathtrap!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #310
JD75
Captain
Australia
151
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: N54 135i coupe'
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
You're gonna need a widebody conversion to fit bigger rubber underneath that deathtrap!
Very true, but Mike seems to enjoy going sideways in 4th gear so I'm not sure that's on the cards, lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #311
dmech1
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Melb

iTrader: (0)

I'm only new to this website but fuk this is a seriously the best rhd single solution.

I've seen some of the other less than stellar attempts but they don't come anywhere near the level of engineering and attention to detail.

Cant wait to see this on a built motor making the true potential this kit can make.

Would love to see a GTX 3076R and I'm sure it will still be way to much power for most while it will have more power than any twin setup everywhere.

Looking forward to more details.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #312
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Spare motor being built now but will be a while before fitting with the Nizpro trans. It's been an expensive process re-doing things even with the generous time from martymil and assistance from JD75.

Pushed my luck with the original donk far enough. Seems to be a real gem though and incredible it has survived the huge number of dyno runs and attempts to street tune.
So, we have left a lot of power on the table with the new kit and wont get anywhere close to its potential. I can just see a rod going through the block and taking out the turbo.

We have more spool and power everywhere with the 1.01 housing compared to the 0.83 over the initial version of this kit.
Car drives like a stock 135 around town with stupid just a flick of the throttle away.
The 4in exhaust is quieter than my twin setup with n55 mids and 1M exhaust, amazing.

I am tempted to put the 0.83 back on to get a comparison given the efficiencies we have gained with the changes.

It's also time to give the M3 3.85 diff the flick for a 3.15 I have waiting to get better use of the gearbox back again.

And yes, dmech1, a 3076R will be on the cards at some stage in the future.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 10-01-2018 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 08:09 PM   #313
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Engine bay...not cleaned yet.

.
Attached Images
 
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 10-01-2018 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 08:21 PM   #314
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

.
Attached Images
 
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #315
135
Captain
Australia
68
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
...
We have more spool and power everywhere with the 1.01 housing compared to the 0.83 over the initial version of this kit.
...
I am tempted to put the 0.83 back on to get a comparison given the efficiencies we have gained with the changes.
...
And yes, dmech1, a 3076R will be on the cards at some stage in the future.
I'd be interested in seeing the difference between the 1.01 and 0.83 in the car's latest configuration.

Although, more interested in how your 3584 would compare to the 3576 and 3076. I would have thought the 3076 would be too small.

Is that a custom heat shield covering the injectors, coils and wiring?
And what are those two hoses going into the top of the rocker cover / manifold?
Also, what is that fabricated aluminium thing behind the coolant reservoir? An oil scavenging tank?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #316
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Yep, custom heat shield needs more prettiness.
Rocker cover vent lines to custom catch can.
Big alloy tank is custom catch can.

From our previous testing with both 83 and 101 housings we just gain 800rpm quicker spool with the power curve just a little less aggressive and stretched out.
We might run a comparison up to 25psi but the diff will be different.

JD75 has my 493 log which is aborted at 5100rpm due to wheel spin on the dyno. Will post that up when he sends it over. If we could have fuelled it a 525 plus run was imminent despite the semi-slicks, aggressive strap down and ramp rate. With a built motor, there is way more in it than that too as the 84RS just starts to lift its skirts at 30psi.

The turbo and housing are too big for a stock motor and power potential in my opinion, although its like a stock 135 to drive at low rpm. Depend on what you want from your car and if you like power you cant use or put to the ground anywhere without a RaceGlide, slicks and track. However, the new set-up spools the same as the old 0.83 with its 1.01 housing. This would be perfect for some on e85. But I don't want to run the stuff in my car and especially not for anything but the dyno in my new engine.

I think a 3076R would still knock out 450kw plus on e85 but would spool like a bastard from low rpm and be a great driver on 98. Can't see much difference with a 3576. I am not interested in blowing my original engine to prove there is a high 500kw number or more in the car. We are in break everything territory. Might play with high numbers next year with the built engine and trans...might.

Car is back getting the diff and 0.83 housing done. Will not be ragging it on the dyno as further upgrades to my fuelling are needed again. We will tune the car with BoostBox and flex fuel on a VTT Double Barrel. PI won't be needed unless shooting for high numbers.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 10-04-2018 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 03:07 AM   #317
135
Captain
Australia
68
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
I think a 3076R would still knock out 450kw plus on e85 but would spool like a bastard from low rpm and be a great driver on 98. Can't see much difference with a 3576. I am not interested in blowing my original engine to prove there is a high 500kw number or more in the car. We are in break everything territory. Might play with high numbers next year with the built engine and trans...might.

Car is back getting the diff and 0.83 housing done. Will not be ragging it on the dyno as further upgrades to my fuelling are needed again. We will tune the car with BoostBox and flex fuel on a VTT Double Barrel. PI won't be needed unless shooting for high numbers.
Wow! That means a 3076 is really not that far behind a 3584.

Do you mean 450 rwkw from a 3076 with PI and a double barrel shotgun plus all the other mods you currently have?

You've mentioned a few times that you'd eventually run just 98 - and a smaller turbo - what's your rwkw estimate/target on 98 for a 3076 and 3576, without PI (or a shotgun)?
I think this could be the approach many might want to take instead of going with aftermarket twins, i.e. "just" replace OEM twins with a single turbo but without any additional fuelling (except maybe a Stage 2 LPFP).

When you say that you can't see much difference with a 3576, you mean compared to a 3076, don't you? Or a 3584?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #318
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

A 3076 is a long, long way behind a 3584RS.

It looks like the 84RS will do high 500's plus with a strong enough engine and appropriate fuelling.
I will test a 3076 or 3576 down the track and we will know with hard data, but close to the 3584, no.
Do I think we could hit 450rwkw on a 3076R with my current mods? Possibly, probably. Will I try, no! My fuelling will be upgraded for any further dyno runs.

My stage 2 lpfp wasn't enough to feed 350rwkw plus on 98 with twins to make constant power, so a reasonably sized single with just a slightly upgraded lpfp on e85...nah.

Everything depends on power targets and what you want from your car. You might get away with shooting for a high number briefly on the dyno without proper fuelling but you wont achieve reliable, constant, big power.

At 25psi plus on the dyno, I need larger PI injectors, dual shotgun and upgraded lpfp from stage 3.5 to stage 4 or better.
On the street a single shotgun and PI are just starting to max out at higher RPM on my car. Not ideal.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 10-06-2018 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 12:46 AM   #319
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
1q2w3e4r's Avatar
19
Rep
1,055
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to 1q2w3e4r
Nice work!

Have you run it at the drags down the strip? What mph and ET does it pull? 480+ at the rears must be a very deep 10 second pass no?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 02:38 AM   #320
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

.
Attached Images
 
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:25 AM   #321
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Nice work!

Have you run it at the drags down the strip? What mph and ET does it pull? 480+ at the rears must be a very deep 10 second pass no?

Thanks.

Not tempted to drag my car with a stock engine and box.
It's just built to be a bloody fast street car that is quiet and refined enough for long drives. Maybe the odd, manic blast.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 12:21 AM   #322
Shadow125
New Member
5
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 125 Carbon Black
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sydney, Aus

iTrader: (0)

Jebus that's a lot of power, also, is that the seibon hood you're running ? If so where from ? Have been trying to source one for a while that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #323
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow125 View Post
Jebus that's a lot of power, also, is that the seibon hood you're running ? If so where from ? Have been trying to source one for a while that doesn't cost an arm and a leg

All custom steel hood.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #324
Kingjulian23
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 135i n54
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ringwood

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
A 3076 is a long, long way behind a 3584RS.

It looks like the 84RS will do high 500's plus with a strong enough engine and appropriate fuelling.
I will test a 3076 or 3576 down the track and we will know with hard data, but close to the 3584, no.
Do I think we could hit 450rwkw on a 3076R with my current mods? Possibly, probably. Will I try, no! My fuelling will be upgraded for any further dyno runs.

My stage 2 lpfp wasn't enough to feed 350rwkw plus on 98 with twins to make constant power, so a reasonably sized single with just a slightly upgraded lpfp on e85...nah.

Everything depends on power targets and what you want from your car. You might get away with shooting for a high number briefly on the dyno without proper fuelling but you wont achieve reliable, constant, big power.

At 25psi plus on the dyno, I need larger PI injectors, dual shotgun and upgraded lpfp from stage 3.5 to stage 4 or better.
On the street a single shotgun and PI are just starting to max out at higher RPM on my car. Not ideal.

So when do you hit full boost with your 3584rs ? I am Rhd with a custom Leadfoot racing manifold and a GTX 3584rs. I hit 20psi by 4200rpm.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #325
dmech1
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Melb

iTrader: (0)

Dyno graph and log ?

Never seen a 3584rs make 20psi under 4500rpm on a 3L until this car.

It makes 20psi by 4400rpm and lays down a lazy 480rwk

Last edited by dmech1; 11-10-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #326
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Finally back to beta testing again with first base tune log with VTT Double Barrel only and PI is disconnected for now.

20psi @ 4085rpm so its promising for even better spool.
Attached Images
 
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #327
Kingjulian23
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 135i n54
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ringwood

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
Finally back to beta testing again with first base tune log with VTT Double Barrel only and PI is disconnected for now.

20psi @ 4085rpm so its promising for even better spool.
Thats looking very good, is that on E85 ? Does running pump fuel affect your spool by that much ?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #328
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

We are progressing slowly with e85 until the tune is perfect ahead of 98.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 11-18-2018 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #329
FLYN55
Private First Class
6
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: Rx7
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
Thanks.

Not tempted to drag my car with a stock engine and box.
It's just built to be a bloody fast street car that is quiet and refined enough for long drives. Maybe the odd, manic blast.
Your not even tempted to back up these power figures ???
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #330
135i2
Lieutenant
98
Rep
407
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

No. We know the power and potential. Even with an imperfect tune, dud O2s and leaky injectors.

Over the holiday season, with limited time and money, I am out logging on a grippy surface, less PI, until the tune is spot on with the last of the hardware and fuelling fixed.

Then we'll find the limit of dual DI before adding PI back in and the engine and trans sometime next year.

I want to drive and enjoy the car before taking it off the road again.
__________________

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 12-01-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST