BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Iron Man
Major
Iron Man's Avatar
United_States
178
Rep
1,026
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Another Color Choice Thread

I am currently debating between Savannah Beige and Coral Red leather interior for the 128i I will order and would like to know peoples opinion on the two. I am worried about how the Beige will wear over time, but that the Red might be a little too flashy of an interior.

By the way, exterior color of the car will be Alpine White. I've seen pictures of both in several threads, but really am more concerned with how the two will compare after 4-5 years and 30,000 miles, rather than brand new. Any and all input (and pictures as well) are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
m_thompson
Major
m_thompson's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New England, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [5.00]
After four years I am still very happy with the Coral Red interior. It is not really a bright red, and it is much more interesting than booring beige. As with any leather, clean it and treat it at least annually.
__________________
'09 128i - Black Sapphire Metallic\Coral Red\Glacier Silver\N51 DISA\6MT\Navigation\Premium\M-Sport\Heated seats\Xenon Headlights\iPod\Smartphone\Euro Delivery

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
JB007
Private First Class
JB007's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW135i MSport 6 Speed
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Qc, Canada

iTrader: (0)

IMO, Coral Red screams SPORT, where beige provides a more classy/relaxing look. I'm convinced that both will hold well in time assuming you maintain them (leather cleaning and protection).
__________________
2013 BMW 135i MSport Edition, Alpine White, 6 speed manual, Coral Red leather, Sound Package, Premium Package, Alarm, BMW Perf black kidneys, Tint (20%rear, 50% sides), XPel Ultimate full front end and side skirts, H8 PIAA Plasma Ion yellow bulbs
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
simianspeedster
Captain
42
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Vast Interwebs...

iTrader: (0)

Hey Iron Man,

Good to see you're progressing with your order!

Though Oyster/Black is a bit lighter than Savanna/Black, some Oyster parts of my recently departed 335i were a bit dingy after 3 years. As I noted in an earlier thread, I probably wear a black or brown belt and a tucked in shirt 80% of the time I drive the car, and that left a "shadow" band across the lower part of the driver's seat. The bolsters and armrests also showed some dinge, but I admittedly did little to prevent or correct it along the 3 years and 25,000 miles I had the car.

So am I saying a light interior is too much trouble? I am not! In fact, my new car is all Taupe inside, though I added black sisal Cocomats just to avoid the obvious dirt accumulation on light carpets (which affects neither of your options as they both have black carpets/mats).

As for taste, that's purely subjective, but neither you can't go wrong with either color combo with Alpine White. As a previous poster said, Coral/Black says "sport" while Savanna/Black is a bit more traditional. One consideration would be the trim, especially if you're going M-Sport. IMO, Coral/Black looks best with the Glacier Silver trim, but I'm not as fond of that trim with the Savanna/Black -- the latter looks best with one of the wood options.

It's a tough choice, but you can't go wrong with either. Coral/Black really pops with white, but Savanna/Black is just classic. So, basically, I'm no help!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Iron Man
Major
Iron Man's Avatar
United_States
178
Rep
1,026
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
Hey Iron Man,

Good to see you're progressing with your order!

Though Oyster/Black is a bit lighter than Savanna/Black, some Oyster parts of my recently departed 335i were a bit dingy after 3 years. As I noted in an earlier thread, I probably wear a black or brown belt and a tucked in shirt 80% of the time I drive the car, and that left a "shadow" band across the lower part of the driver's seat. The bolsters and armrests also showed some dinge, but I admittedly did little to prevent or correct it along the 3 years and 25,000 miles I had the car.

So am I saying a light interior is too much trouble? I am not! In fact, my new car is all Taupe inside, though I added black sisal Cocomats just to avoid the obvious dirt accumulation on light carpets (which affects neither of your options as they both have black carpets/mats).

As for taste, that's purely subjective, but neither you can't go wrong with either color combo with Alpine White. As a previous poster said, Coral/Black says "sport" while Savanna/Black is a bit more traditional. One consideration would be the trim, especially if you're going M-Sport. IMO, Coral/Black looks best with the Glacier Silver trim, but I'm not as fond of that trim with the Savanna/Black -- the latter looks best with one of the wood options.

It's a tough choice, but you can't go wrong with either. Coral/Black really pops with white, but Savanna/Black is just classic. So, basically, I'm no help!
Thanks Simian, well I decided on Coral Red. I will go with the silver trim, and I agree that it goes with the red better than the beige. I need to see it in person to seal the deal, but I think it will look good with white. It will be first time I've ever had a colorful interior (always grey/tan before).
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9057
Rep
22,883
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Thanks Simian, well I decided on Coral Red. I will go with the silver trim, and I agree that it goes with the red better than the beige. I need to see it in person to seal the deal, but I think it will look good with white. It will be first time I've ever had a colorful interior (always grey/tan before).

My car is Silver with Red Coral... and I LOVE IT!!

Name:  IMG_1213.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7694.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  110.3 KB
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
709
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Coral Red all the way... A great match with Alpine White.

OT: Seen Iron Man 3 yet? I saw it yesterday... Meh.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
Iron Man
Major
Iron Man's Avatar
United_States
178
Rep
1,026
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
My car is Silver with Red Coral... and I LOVE IT!!

Attachment 856395

Attachment 856396
Dack those are awesome pictures, thanks! They help reinforce my decision.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
Iron Man
Major
Iron Man's Avatar
United_States
178
Rep
1,026
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Coral Red all the way... A great match with Alpine White.

OT: Seen Iron Man 3 yet? I saw it yesterday... Meh.
I haven't seen it yet, but will. I usually wait until the new movies come out on DVD anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
simianspeedster
Captain
42
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Vast Interwebs...

iTrader: (0)

You made the right choice. Early on, I was thinking white or one of the greys and I was definitely going to pair it up with coral/black to get that sporty vibe. The creamy interiors are more old school IMO, so I went with an old school exterior color to match. Congrats on the order. Now the real torture begins...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST