BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
ghost135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Good Custom Headlight Companies?

Hey all,

Looking to get my e82 headlights customized with some new angel eyes and some other things. Could anyone point me in the right direction of companies or individuals that do a good job with this?

I tried reaching out to a few individuals on instagram that seem to so this, and do well at it, but I have not been able to get responses.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
Just Apex It
Euro Haus Founder
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 330Ci ZHP

You should check out BavGruppe Designs out. They have a whole list of installers on their site that are approved by them so you know the work will be good.

https://www.bavgruppedesign.com/find-an-installer

Out of all the headlight installers, my recommendation is Accorsi Engineering who is one of BavGruppe Designs BEST installer. The paint is not rattle canned, rather he uses an actual paint gun to paint all the pieces and he guarantees the rings to be installed straight and true (a real problem some installers have by installing them crooked). Here's an example of his work.

https://www.instagram.com/accorsiengineering
Attached Images

Current: '04 E46 330Ci ZHP 6MT
Sold: '16 F22 M235i 6MT - '15 F82 M4 DCT - '11 E82 135i 6MT - '07 E90 335i ZSP
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #3
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost135i View Post
Hey all,

Looking to get my e82 headlights customized with some new angel eyes and some other things. Could anyone point me in the right direction of companies or individuals that do a good job with this?

I tried reaching out to a few individuals on instagram that seem to so this, and do well at it, but I have not been able to get responses.
thats easy with you being in NJ

either ONEighty in Brooklyn or Lightwerkz Global in Oakland, NJ (Brandon and Caesar are both knowlegable and friendly people and the second place is actually in New Jersey as well). I've personally visited and spoke to Brandon and they are in the know and also proud of their work. They gave me a tour of their shop and showed me some work they did in the past. I got a great feeling from that shop when I was looking for places but ultimately decided to go a different route with my headlights.

Another forum member low135 here has sent his headlights to Atlanta (Rush Customs if I'm not mistaken) to some guy who does good work. His custom assemblies look absolutely great

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...ostcount=13167

Hope I was able to guide you in the right direction!
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)

Last edited by carscatscoffee15; 12-04-2019 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: additional information
Appreciate 1
low1352209.00
      12-05-2019, 05:10 AM   #4
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:
Hey all,

either ONEighty in Brooklyn or Lightwerkz Global in Oakland, NJ (Brandon and Caesar are both knowlegable and friendly people and the second place is actually in New Jersey as well). I've personally visited and spoke to Brandon and they are in the know and also proud of their work. They gave me a tour of their shop and showed me some work they did in the past. I got a great feeling from that shop when I was looking for places but ultimately decided to go a different route with my headlights.

Another forum member low135 here has sent his headlights to Atlanta (Rush Customs if I'm not mistaken) to some guy who does good work. His custom assemblies look absolutely great

I can definitely recommend Rush customs. He's the most reasonably priced and very easy to deal with.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ftpohyeah283.00
      12-05-2019, 05:12 AM   #5
low135
Banned
Rep

I hate that the forums posts these out of order all the time haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
Ftpohyeah283.00
      12-05-2019, 05:15 AM   #6
low135
Banned
Rep

Oh, and I will say that Rush is hard to get a hold of at first. He's just one guy so it's tougher for him to keep up on answering stuff and working. Really you just have to bug him a little which seems to be the norm in the industry.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
Oh, and I will say that Rush is hard to get a hold of at first. He's just one guy so it's tougher for him to keep up on answering stuff and working. Really you just have to bug him a little which seems to be the norm in the industry.
Such an awesome looking build. Props to you man for not settling and going all out!
      12-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #8
chandleerr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all,

Hey dude! Rush here. Send me a message on IG Rushcustomsatl to discuss your options. I'm still on my personal account on here which I've been a ghost in these forums last few years.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
chandleerr
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all,

I can definitely recommend Rush customs. He's the most reasonably priced and very easy to deal with.
Thanks so much dude!
Appreciate 3
low1352209.00
Tuxedo1398.50
      12-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #10
chandleerr
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I try my best to get back to everyone.
Appreciate 1
low1352209.00
      12-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #11
low135
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandleerr View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I try my best to get back to everyone.
Of course! Ya gotta do the work you're selling too!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #12
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandleerr View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks so much dude!
fine craftsmanship doesn't go unnoticed!

love to help people as much as the people on this forum have helped me
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 1
low1352209.00
      01-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #13
Duff Man
Rocket Scientist
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55 DCT

Can I ask what the seal looks like AFTER the lens was installed again? I'd like to compare quality of the reseal from another supplier to what I saw over the weekend on some lights from another reputable vendor from Bavgruppe.

Needless to say, I was taken back at how it looked, so I'm just not sure if it's normal for these mods to create the results I saw, or if it was possibly on the builder and representative of their quality.

FWIW: I do realize opening these headlights is nothing short of a nightmare. My previous experience with opening headlights was on MK3 VWs where 15mins@350 softened the glue enough to just pull the glass lens right off. I understand with the invention of PermaSeal, this task has grown exponentially harder....but I'm still curious to what other builders are putting out for the new seal at the lens-to-housing point.