BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #1
Gambeez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport

Installing 1M Replica on 128i M-Sport

I was hoping somebody could answer a Q about this.

I've seen a lot of people install on the 135i but not much about the 128i.

My current M-Sport bumper is damaged and I'm looking to replace it. I am looking at getting a 1M replica but don't know if I should go with the fog light version or one with the air ducts.

I know my M-Sport bumper has fogs & ducts. My question is, will the 1M replica with the ducts fit without additional modifications or will it require extra work? I know the 135i guys require extra modifications to fit the ducts onto their cars, however, I don't know about the 128i M-Sport.

Additionally, if I do this at some point I'd like to swap out the rear bumper for a 1M replica rear so the aesthetics look more balanced. Does anyone know if the replica diffuser fit the stock muffler outlet? Or do exhaust modifications also need to be done? I don't care if I don't have quads, I feel like it would be hardly noticeable. My concern is if I'd have to do anything to the exhaust to get the diffuser to fit correctly.

Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 1
markslc1183.00
      10-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

I did the ebay 1M rep on my 128. Everything fits fine for the most part. But you'll find gaps around your splash shields and the undertray wont line up as well. I just drilled some extra holes and fastened them together. I used the 128 wiring to hookup the fog lights as well. But covered them in some tint so they don't stand out so much I the bumper. Really makes the 128 look like a sports car now. Highly recommended.

[/URL]
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
Gambeez
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markslc1 View Post
I did the ebay 1M rep on my 128. Everything fits fine for the most part. But you'll find gaps around your splash shields and the undertray wont line up as well. I just drilled some extra holes and fastened them together. I used the 128 wiring to hookup the fog lights as well. But covered them in some tint so they don't stand out so much I the bumper. Really makes the 128 look like a sports car now. Highly recommended.

That's actually really clean, thank you for sharing! I'm still torn if I want to keep the fogs or not. But the more I look at the 1M with the fogs I like it, I feel like it suits the style of the 128i most. I like what you did with the tint as well so they don't stand out as much -- didn't even consider that. But I am still curious if the version with the air ducts is a direct fit or if additional changes are necessary with the M-Sport variant with the ducts already installed.

What fogs are you using? OEM or the ones that came with the bumper?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambeez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslc1 View Post

[IMG]https://i1052.photobucket.com/albums...ps8hlhymhk.jpg[/IMG]
That's actually really clean, thank you for sharing! I'm still torn if I want to keep the fogs or not. But the more I look at the 1M with the fogs I like it, I feel like it suits the style of the 128i most. I like what you did with the tint as well so they don't stand out as much -- didn't even consider that. But I am still curious if the version with the air ducts is a direct fit or if additional changes are necessary with the M-Sport variant with the ducts already installed.

What fogs are you using? OEM or the ones that came with the bumper?
I used the ones with the bumper
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #5
SteveOStyle
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Here's is my 128i base model with 1m front and rear bumper
Attached Images

2013 BMW 128i | 1m Front and Rear Bumpers with Aggressive Rear Diffuser | LCI Blackline Rear Tail Lights | Custom Headlights | Xtron Touch Screen Head Unit | 19" VMR 803's staggered | M3 Control Arms | M3 Front Swaybar | Polly Rear Subframe bushings | BMW Performance Big Bake Kit | BMW Performance Strut Brace | Custom Magna Flow Quad Exhaust | BC Coilovers | Stage 3 Intake | AA exhaust Header |Supercharger Gen3| StageFP Tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #6
Gambeez
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOStyle View Post
Here's is my 128i base model with 1m front and rear bumper
That's a sexy set up, love the carbon on the rear.

For the ducts, did it take any extra work to fit the ducts that came with the bumper? Or was it PnP for the 128i?

I ask since I see a lot of 135i guys having to do extra work to fit the 1M replica ducts.

Also, how do you like the Spyder Halos? They're pretty cheap, I've be considering picking up a set to swap out for my halogens.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #7
SteveOStyle
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

If your 1m rep bumper had fog lamps you will need to cut out the brackets in the bumper and the 1m duct fits in perfectly yes we don't need to worry about anything else because we don't have that stuff 135 has
2013 BMW 128i | 1m Front and Rear Bumpers with Aggressive Rear Diffuser | LCI Blackline Rear Tail Lights | Custom Headlights | Xtron Touch Screen Head Unit | 19" VMR 803's staggered | M3 Control Arms | M3 Front Swaybar | Polly Rear Subframe bushings | BMW Performance Big Bake Kit | BMW Performance Strut Brace | Custom Magna Flow Quad Exhaust | BC Coilovers | Stage 3 Intake | AA exhaust Header |Supercharger Gen3| StageFP Tune.
Appreciate 0