BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2023, 09:46 AM   #1
Zach477
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 335xi, 2021 X7

playing music from Android phone - iDrive help

I have a 2010 135 with the HiFi/ High Def radio. I purchased a USB C to aux cable, but when I plug the cable into the phone and aux jack my volume control on my phone shows I'm connected to headphones but when I navigate to aux audio in the car I can choose volume level but can't change it or get any music to play. I can damn near do an engine rebuild blindfolded but when it comes to tech I'm a bit of a dummy. Is audio suppose to be able to play with this type of set up (car issue) or does it need something additional to play music from a phone through the factory sound system? I'm trying to listen to Pandora through my phone. I bought the car last fall not running and have found a number of blown fuses but all fuses related to the radio are ok, so I'm not sure if playing music through this route is the correct way or not. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 05:13 PM   #2
Xaerophreak
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, Lexus GX460

In theory, this should work. Do you have any 3.5mm headphones you can test your phone and USB C adapter? I have found that USB C adapters are hit or miss and don't always work.

Does your stereo have bluetooth? If it has that, I would try that as well.
Appreciate 0