BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2024, 04:05 AM   #1
IntEx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 E81 116i

RPM drops and occasionally stalling.

Hello.

I've got a 1 Series E81 116i 2007 [N43] manual.

Straight to the issue. Car turns on and idles normally. RPMs jump to around 900-1000 RPMs then drop after a minute or so.

Quote:
So. Whenever I come to a stop and put it in neutral or have the clutch pressed down, the RPMs drop very low (sometimes the car shakes) and they usually jump right back up to a 1000. The car will sometimes stall too because of this problem.
Quote:
Oil, oil / air filter recently replaced along with the battery.
I've scanned the car and I've got these codes coming up:

30E9
30EA
2AF4
2AF2
2AF6

I looked them up and from what I understood I've got a clogged catalytic converter.

Quote:
I've tried putting a fuel additive thats supposed to clean the cat and the sensors too. Went on the highway for about 2 hours driving at steady speeds and the rotten egg smell went away. Scanning it again after the codes still remain.
Quote:
Check engine does not light on and when checking the car through the dash control it says "CHECK OK".
So the question is. Does the clogged cat / codes that pop up have to do with the problem I've got or should I be looking for something else?
Appreciate 0