BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2020, 05:07 AM   #1
Jarninho
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i E82

Android 7.1.2 steering wheel controls not working

Hi, I bought a 125i E82 Coupe last weekend. Wonderful car.

It's got an Android radio installed and I can't get the steering wheel controls to work.
It seems to be one of these units: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32850270180.html

I tried to remove the radio, but it seems to be stuck for now. Managed to get the climate controls removed though and found a small box. This was labeled:
BMW-BG-04
For Old BMW 320i

Is that the CANBUS thingy? When I shift into reverse the PDC comes on. And the unit also seems to dim when my headlights turn on. Just find it weird that it says 'old BMW 320i'.

I have never worked with Android, but managed to get into the factory settings (code 126) to select the proper CANBUS. Selected was:
24 BMW (Union)

Is that correct? Can not find another BMW, apart from Mini/BMW, but then it doesn't work with PDC, so I assume that's the wrong CANBUS.

Will this unit ever work?
Appreciate 0