BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
npoc
Rep
Drives: 99 Miata with 238k

Bluetooth phone pairs, attempts to sync and then disconnects

I have 2011, 135i with CIC/Navi Pro S609A, S6NFA (music interface for smartphone), S6VCA (Control for Combox).

My Nexus 5was connecting beautifully, able to make calls, and stream audio no problem for about 8 months. Late last year the bluetooth stopped functioning. I've tried deleting my phone and repairing numerous times, but nothing has helped. Every time it pairs fine, but a few minutes into being paired, it disconnects. I even see my cell signal strength on the navigation unit while it's connected. I think this disconnect happens while it's trying to download the address book. At which point, my phone and car try to reconnect and start the process all over again.

I tried with another android phone and the same thing happens. I tried resetting the CIC *(I think it was holding the volume button for 25 seconds)

Is anyone else hitting this? Any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this?

I have a feeling I have to replace one of the modules, but which one? Also will I need the car coded to talk to the new-ish module?

Thanks.

p.s. Yeah I searched, but most of the problems seemed to be related to people buying cars that didn't have bluetooth functions in the first place.

Last edited by npoc; 08-18-2016 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
npoc
Rep

I also found.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=15

Hopefully it answers some of my questions.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
npoc
Rep

So I was able to get my phone to pair by rejecting the cars request for the phonebook and messages. However after a few trips the CIC deleted my phone and devoys all knowledge of it *(i.e. doesn't show up in the bluetooth phones menu). At which point I pair again.

Does anyone have any schemats for the bluetooth adapter connections? I wonder if I just have a bad connection somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by npoc View Post
So I was able to get my phone to pair by rejecting the cars request for the phonebook and messages. However after a few trips the CIC deleted my phone and devoys all knowledge of it *(i.e. doesn't show up in the bluetooth phones menu). At which point I pair again.

Does anyone have any schemats for the bluetooth adapter connections? I wonder if I just have a bad connection somewhere.
The antenna is stuck to the panel under glove box, which then runs to the combox itself in the boot (under the tray) Have you tried resetting your network settings on your phone?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 04:26 AM   #5
Charles Martin
Rep
Drives: 2010 325 e90 LCI

I know this is an old post but was a solution found
Appreciate 0